Mods and tracks edit

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Ricardo Ferreira, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Registered

I hope in the future anyone can edit all mods and tracks, like in rFactor 1.

Imagine in some community we need to adapt the MODS and Tracks, and this way is impossible to do that.
    We need to "eat" any _ _ _ _ someone did !!

Hope ISI can change this, and open the mods and tracks..

Thanks in advance

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You can do this already provided a mod/track is not file protected by its creator. just edit it, re-package, register and bingo.

Or at least that's how I understand it works.

3. DavidG

DavidG Registered

I've been meaning to ask this for some time now, but just haven't got around to it for some reason, but how exactly do you do this?

Does anyone out there know of any guide, written or video, that explains how a non-modder such as myself can take a current component file, unpack it, amend the files and then re-package them into a new component that I can use in my own game. I know all about editing the files themselves, I've been doing it for years in rFactor, it's the unpacking and repackaging I'm stumped on. Every attempt I've made so far has been a failure.

If such a guide doesn't already exist (and I can't find it if it does), then would someone from ISI be willing to put something together. It needs to be in simple terms though, a proper 'idiots guide'.

Please remember that 'modding' isn't just about creating new content for the game, but also means allowing the player to change that content to suit their own needs. For instance, one of the things I need to be able to do is remove the windscreens from some cars and I would be really grateful if some kind soul could possibly explain how I go about doing this.

Thanks