ModMgr.exe: different content; TrackUpdates are greyed out

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Quo-Fan, May 27, 2012.

1. Quo-Fan

Quo-Fan Registered

Hi all,
    when i start Modmanager over the launcher, it shows me a different content to the case when i start Modmgr.exe in core folder, which should be the same thing. Startet both with admin rights and even different???
    Another things is that i can´t update tracks, f.e have MillsMetro version 1.1, actuall is 1.2, but right click on track i just see, that "update" function is greyed out, unable to click...

Tried a clean install, but nothing changed. What can i do to solve this two probs?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Yeah that's always troubled me a bit. Running Mod Manager direct from Core installs mods in Core but running Mod Manager from the launcher or installing ingame installs to Data. Also notice how running it from Core doesn't pickup All Cars & Tracks but I never run Mod Manager direct from Core to install stuff so AFAIK it hasn't caused me any problems but I agree it doesn't seem right.

As for updating Mills you don't update the track per se, it gets updated when you update a mod say the Meganes from v1.0 to v1.1.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

ISI tracks are updated with a new build, or update, of rF2 itself.

Tracks and cars developed by community can be updated by you after putting the authors update in your "packages" folder (or whatever you wish to call the packages folder)

If update content is in your packages folder then you can click on update inside of mod manager.

4. Quo-Fan

Quo-Fan Registered

Ok, thanks all, it´s a little bit clearer now...

5. MJP

MJP Registered

The builds and updates don't come with any tracks or cars (bar the rTrainers/Joesville in ModDev and the Clio pacecar) they come from the rFMODs, e.g. Monaco and Spa come with the 1960sWorldClassRacing rFMOD.

6. GaryL

GaryL Registered

So is the "Full85 build" file not actually a full installer at all?, i used that one and it installed fine, but doesnt work, please dont tell me i have download all the cars and tracks seperately and use the mod manager thingy? :(, i installed on a clean fresh disk with no trace of my old 69 install.

7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

The mods (vehicle and/or track) are available as separated downloads. You should put them in a 'source-like' directory, so whenever you've got problem and have to reinstall rFactor2, you don't need to re-download mods required.