modmgr does not show installed items as installed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Deleted member 58016, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Hi

I am currently working with SteamCMD to setup a dedicated server; I can download the DS via SteamCMD and I am able to download content by using SteamCMD.

After downloading I am copying the rfcmp files from workshop folder to packages folder and run modmgr - modmgr shows mods and components which I have copied to packages folder.

I can select a component and click install in modmgr, the content is deployed to installed folder, but modmgr still shows it as not installed after installation ...

Also the content is not showing up in mas utility and also no updates are shown in modmgr for content (e.g. if I install Ferrari 488 GTE I get only version 3.10 in installed and as modmgr shows it as not installed I am not offered the 3.11 update).

Server keys have been created according guide and seem to work ...

Any ideas / hints?

Thanks in advance.

2. Recreating server keys fixed the problem.

I have no clue what corrupted them ... :-/

3. I think the keys have been corrupted as the dedicated server exe was moved by very strict AV options of Windows 2022 server - as some mods could still be installed and some not I was wondering about and not thinking of the keys.

I think the same will happen if the exe is updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2023
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

What is W2K22? I googled it and it's a WWE game.

5. Sorry -. changed it ... w2k19 => windows 2019, so I assumed windows 2022 is similar, but you are right, w2k is misleading :-(