Modmanager sticks with unstable

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by cosimo, Mar 6, 2014.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Not specific about 515, but I noticed that after installing an unstable build, if I then launch the stable, and then click on "Manage Mods", this will bring up the mod manager still "hooked up" to the unstable directories.

This is a problem when wanting to switch between unstable testind and stable playing.
    I know the first time it took me a few hours to figure out why all the mods had disappeared.
    Would be great if unstable modmgr used a different set of settings or registry keys or whatever it reads to remember the directories.

2. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Don't you just have to choose the correct folders for Working Dir & Packages Dir in the bottom right of Mod Manager?

3. vali

vali Registered

I checked mine and have the same issue.

Two different installs from scratch (494 and 515), with 4 different folders (rFactor 2 Core, rFactor 2 Data, rFactor 2 Beta Core and rFactor 2 Beta Data) and did not copy anything from 494 to 515, nor even the controller.ini or setups.

When I start the mod manager it shows the beta mods. Using the "working dir" and "packages dir" options en the UI works, but change the options in the other version too. Seems they use a common registry entry and not a ini file.

Yes, it is a beta, but this behaviour can be confusing if someone have 2 or more rFactor stable installs (league, offline..) and they mix the settings.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I have been noticing this too. Sure it isn't a big deal if you are experienced but this needs to be sorted out. I have noticed for a long time that when you install a new build that it likes to set the Working folder to your Core folder rather than your DataPath where it belongs.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think it's been like this forever, no? I'm used to it, but I know it could be annoying. I requested it use the data.path file.

6. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Yes, been like this forever, but still has confused me a few times already :)

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yes it is one of those irritations, caused me some head scratching more than once.