ModManager Error

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Christian Wolter, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi, I have created a file with the MAS rfmod File Utility (Tracks and ISI F12012 Mod). My problem now is that the ModManager does not find the file. I have this procedure has often performed without any problems. The strange thing is that I when I uninstall older rfmod Files (I have created and currently use), he no longer finds this rfmod files. It seems as if it does not detect new files anymore. The components filter I have all enabled and disabled. Does anyone know the problem and can help? I have installed the build 300, use the ModManager Uitility 2.91t and the MAS Utility 0.92t.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

When you say a file I guess you mean a component or a mod. Mas files are also obtained from MAS utility but cant be viewed from mod manager.

I would make sure, if the above is right, in which folder you created the component or mod and which folder is mod manager pointing to as package folder. Otherwise I would think that what you created was corrupt or not well done due to something that I cannot figure out what could be.

Give us some more info if problem persists.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

3. Christian Wolter

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Yes i created a Mod File. it contains the ISI Mod "FISIR2012" and a lot of Tracks. I created a lot of this Mod Files and i could always install this Files. But now i see in the Mod Manager not my file. The Paths a configured correctly. Have the Mod Manager a log File?

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If you upload the component we can check if it appears in ours. That's all I can suggest. ..:confused:

5. Christian Wolter

Thanks, but the File is 2,8 GB big.....

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Ok, I see. You are not using vmod but a content mod. If you care, I would never set a file that big in any way. The components can be packed individually and referenced later in a vmod unticking to the left of each component boxes in the mas tool mod screen. I guess you know what I am talking about. The vmod would only be a few Kb and you could upload it easily.

If you have as well the content that was included in your mod previously installed (which seems to be seems it is required to create it), it would be as installing the same things twice and I dont think if it works since I haven't tried.

7. Christian Wolter

OK, I get confused me that the file is called rfmod:) I want to use the component as a database file in the dedicated server. I can do that with a vmod?
    Then I should even try to build a vmod ..... Thank you for your feedback ....

8. Christian Wolter

Hey, you've solved my problem! I have now created the vmod file with the references to the individual packages and it works perfectly. Thank you!

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I'm glad you solved it. :)