Modifying tires of GTE car via Upgrades

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nieubermesch, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Hey guys! I'm very new to RF2 modding and I was made known by Devin at Discord that you can use whatever tire you want on any car if you use the upgrade.ini available to be modified... I'm confused though, doesn't one need the TBC files or something? How do I refer to the tires I want in the upgrade file other way? Looking at SkipBarber car I think tire compounds reference to files are in the TBC files and I can't do that in the GTE car in question...

2. vava74

vava74 Registered

It would be cool exercise to use the C6R tyres on the Endurance cars, in my opinion.

atomed and Nieubermesch like this.
  3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Problem is I'm not sure those tires are available to port them to those cars... Anyway, I think i need some help before thinking about that, since what Devin made seem so simple doesn't seem to be as simple as I thought.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

You can reference to an own tbc File, that references to the Tires that you want to use,
    with the Upgrade
    HDV=
    HDV=[General]
    HDV=TireBrand=Your TBC File
    And, if possible, check, if the Sizes of the original and your Tires match each other, to get the best Result.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Thanks a lot man! I want to start modding in RF2 but I need to learn so much! :eek::D

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I would suggest forgoing modding any of the DLC content or even most of the S397 cars in general as they have large portions of the car's files in copy protected mas files. You would do yourself a favor, at least in the beginning, to look at respected 3rd party cars so you can see all the files.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  7. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I have the SkipBarber to look at though. I'm not quite sure how to do the whole thing of upgrading tires yet, but I'll try it by what Redapg said, even if I have doubts about the process of the TBC file. I think I need to create the TBC file and also use the database or something to retrieve some tires, modify them and then in the TBC link them to the TGM... I have to try and see if that's it.

8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

How does one create a propper TBC file for say, the tires from the tire database man? I tried getting a TBC from another mod and see if I could link the TGM files in there, since I think those are what control the players car, but it's crashing, so I'm sure I need to get them TGM tires to be in line with TBC file somehow? Pointers? Thanks!

9. redapg

redapg Registered

There can be several Reasons, when new Tires cause a Car crashing the Game.
    For Example not matching Mass and Inertia Values.
    Normally such Problems are written into the Trace File.
    Can you upload a Trace from a Crash, that we can take a Look at it?

atomed likes this.
  10. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah, I forgot you have the crash files! I'll look into it and see myself. If I can't figure it out I'll upload it here. Since I probably just made some stupid stuff I prefer to see it first myself :D