Moderator for the Component and Mod Packaging section?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Jorgen, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Would it be possible to appoint someone with in-depth knowledge of the packaging system, or at least a person with access to people with in-depth knowledge of the packaging system as moderator in the Component and Mod Packaging section of this subforum? This would ensure that questions get answered, if not quickly, at least within a couple of weeks. As things are now, some of the packaging questions are apparently never solved, and that is a bit unfortunate, especially since the packaging system is a required tool of which there is very little knowledge outside ISI. I know that the developers are busy, but I don't think it would require more than an hour per week, probably less.

As far as I have understood from talking to ISI support staff, the packaging system is considered modding and therefore not supported through the official channels, so to solve packaging questions we more or less have to rely on getting help here. Therefore, it would be a tremendous help if we could get someone to moderate the Component and Mod Packaging section.

Thanks.

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Heads-up: I have had a very good e-mail conversation with Tim about this, and he has promised to look into finding someone with access to in-depth knowledge to act as moderator, not only for the Component and Mod Packaging section, but rather all areas of the Modding Help section of the forum. Since an active modding community is a vital key to success for rFactor2 in the long run, I keep my fingers crossed that a suitable moderator for the Modding Help section can be located. :)

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Moderation in all forums would be greatly appreciated, especially in modding, content and troubleshooting ones. People just start new repetitive threads over and over with no criteria.

I am glad ISI is planning to do something about it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

4. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

+1

Thanks, Jorgen, for being in contact with Tim about this, I was beginning to wonder if this post was going to get any results at all.

Scott

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Will be a good thing to get this person active here yes. Many questions without support/answer and many people pending better FPS to use the features and give feedback (online part mainly). For me at this time, nobody can run rF2 to make online races with mods without a huge effort of users, administrators and modder and get a pretty bad result compared to rF1 (performances, look and easy to use, when we arrive to put a server working with mod version ...

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Just a heads-up again - I had a quick talk to Tim this evening, and there is something new heading this way. I'll let Tim reveal the news once it's all in place though, but it sounds like it could benefit the modding community greatly. :)