modding DLC content

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Smeghead, May 11, 2022.

1. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

had a long convoluted post, but I'll try again.
    is it possible to add content to DLC without doing it as an update.
    specifically I have skinsets for the formula pro and package them as an update to the default content.
    Is this the only way to do this ?

barring manually adding my skinset mas files directly into the latest version under the formula pro. Which is not really steam workshop friendly

Thanks

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

The only other Way that comes into my Mind, is to package an independend Mod, with your veh,Skins,Upgrades.ini, ... Files in a MAS File and the encrypted MAS File of the original DLC.
    In that Way you can upload it as an "own" Mod to the Steam Workshop and it should not cause Conflicts with the original DLC. Especially not, if you keep it up to Date, when the original DLC gets updated.

3. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Ok I might try that, but I'm not sure it will solve this persons issue.
    I've got someone hassling me because he cant include the 2021 season, 2022season and the default formula pro together into on rfmod.
    It throws an error because he is basically trying to include 3 versions of the same car. If I cant edit the .VEH file and whatever other files are required to make the new carsets unique would he still not have the same issue ?

but thank you for the suggestion ill give it a try

edit: when I package with mas2 it just leaves out the cars.mas, as in I select it but it wont add it, must have some check to see if a file is encrypted or not.

Well thanks again I think I've tried everything to satisfy this person, I've checked every other carset addon for encrypted content and they all seem to be packaged as an update so I was pretty sure it couldn't be done, but people here are way smarter than me when it comes modding rfactor.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  4. redapg

redapg Registered

@Smeghead You of course have to and should edit the veh File Names and also inside of the veh Files, the Description= Entry and the Entries that point to your new Skin Files, like DefaultLivery= and MaterialOverride=.
    And you can also change the Number= and PitGroup=, to not to have 10 Cars pointing to the same Garages...
    Such Things should be different to the existing veh Files, to avoid any Conflicts.
    And it's the same with the Texture Names of your Skins.
    The Classes= Entries can be the same, but can also use a new One, for your Skins.
    And it's the same with the Category= Entries, where you can use an own one, to better be able to select your Cars from the Menu.

5. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

Yeah, done all that. It works perfectly well for everyone but this one person.
    I have three separate series, formula pro, formula pro 2021F1 and formula pro 2022F1.
    All works perfectly fine with no conflicts and each series has the proper drivers etc.
    Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong in what I've told them.
    Thanks for the help.

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

If it's only 1 Person that has Problems, tell him to remove everything that is not original Formula Pro DLC from the Installed Folder and make a fresh Install of your Component then. ;)