Mod Package installation blocked at Verifying

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jacky Ratzenberger, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Jacky Ratzenberger

Jacky Ratzenberger Registered

Hello
    I'm trying to install the blancpain endurance series 2012 v1.0 (link :https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BxZ6kLQgoUP8WlNkLVR2QVhWaW8&export=download). I have copied rfcmp on my package directory and gave clicked on install.
    Issue I have is installation is blocked in Verifying process after 7%.
    Is there logs I can find to explain why it is blocked?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What do you mean by 'blocked at verifying' ? Does it give you a message? Does it just pause and not go any further? Does it crash? Does it disappear and it's not installed?

Does your downloaded file seem to be the right size? Do you have sufficient space on your drive?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I tried installing and it paused briefly at 3% then longer (a couple of seconds) at 7%, before completing. I'm not sure what the game is doing at that point, if it's writing out files it could also be a permissions problem, running as administrator may help.

4. Jacky Ratzenberger

In my case it paused at 7% and never completed. It does not crash. I've always the same screen. I precise I'm running as administrator. I have 26 go disk space left. And I've downloaded twice the file, and file size is the same.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What happens if you try to install it with the Modmanager that you can find in the Subfolder /Bin32 of the rFactor2 Installation?
    It's the ModMgr.exe File.

6. Jacky Ratzenberger

I'm not at home now. I will try to use it tonight. What am I supposed to have?

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What do you mean with "What am i supposed to have?".

8. Jacky Ratzenberger

For my issue I use rf2 launcher, I click on the box and I click install on bes 1.0. I don't know if the way to install is the mod manager.
    If this is not the mod manager you are talking about, I will try to execute through it. But I'd like to know if there's something to check, a log or something like that?

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I'm not sure, but i would say that the Launcher don't uses the Modmanager from the /Bin32 Folder for the Installations of Components.
    The ModMgr.exe is normally showing if there is something wrong with a File that you want to install.
    It worths a Try.
    Unfortunately i can not tell you if there already is or can be forced to create a Log File for Launcher Activities.

10. Jacky Ratzenberger

I will try tonight and will tell if it works

11. Jacky Ratzenberger

OK I find out why it stops.
    It was because of Spybot. As soon spybot was desactivate. I was able to complete the installation.
    Thanks for your help, and I hope that the solution will be usefull for others.