Mod Manager still installs a "problem" MOD

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by Slothman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ok I cannot remember the exact term but essentially.

Tried creating a Virtual MOD using MAS2, however the MAS2.exe was not in the rFactor root directory. Due to this no tracks/cars/components where showing.

Due to the instructions in the PDF not outlineing this very clearly (needs work as I predict more than 75% of mods WILL be Virtual for League purposes) I assumed this was normal.

Created the MOD using the rfm.mas that was created.

When trying to install in MOD Manager it removes the MOD from the list with no error or warning. If you go back to the Launcher and in the Advanced area you see a log remark (sorry, due to all these MODID issues a reformat was needed and I lost the actual log). It was something about an approved/authenticated MOD so the install failed.

Issue is, the files where ACTUALLY installed.

So know, the files are there, with no way to remove them through MOD MANAGER as it no longer lists the MOD. Manual removal is easy, but the way I see it.

MOD Manager was introduced to make things easier. As things get easier, people get lazier. Therefore it wont be long before people start moaning that they have one mod installed and it takes up 40GB of install.

Being BETA I went digging and tried to fix this. Unfortunately most wont. If the MODID is an invalid structure it should not install the content of the MOD.