Mod Manager + Mutli Locations Version Issue/Bug?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Coanda, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day,

Running on build 228 I have two locations with multiple versions installed. Palm Beach v1.1 & v1.43 and Lime Rock v1.0 & 1.41. According to rF2 mod manager Palm Beach v1.1 is only required as F2 v1.0 is dependent on it and and Lime Rock v1.0 is only required as Racing School v1.0 is dependent on it.

The issues I am seeing is lets say I select a independent vehicle lets say FR3.5 or Marussia, when I select a track from spinner view the graphics suggests that Palm Beach v1.1 will be raced on and not v1.43 which is not what I expect and for Lime Rock it suggests that v1.41 will be raced on which is what I would expect. From list view it doesn't mater which car I select, location dependent or non location dependent I only have 1 Lime Rock entry, that being v1.41 and 2 entries for Palm Beach, that being v1.1 & v1.43 however for Palm Beach v1.43 it can never expand this option and for v1.1 when it is expanded it lists "GT World Endurance Series - Round 1". This is strange as the GT1,2,3, cars are no longer part packaged up GT World Endurance series and this serries was un-installed on previous builds and individual vehicles for v1.41 & v1.43 were installed.

Now tackling Lime Rock as it only has one entry showing, if I select any skip barber training vehicle it suggests it will not use the dependent v1.0 location and will use v1.41 which is completely the opposite to what is happening to Pal Beach.

A few questions:

Q1- Is this just a UI graphical issue and the correct tracks are actually being loaded and used?
    Q2 - For non dependent vehicles that are showing that it is using an earlier Location version is there way to tell externally to rF2 which location version is actually being loaded up and being used?
    Q3- Why does Lime Rock only show one version entry in List View?
    Q4 - Why and how can I remove the "GT World Endurance Series - Round 1" option that is being listed under Palm Beach v1.1?
    Q5 - Is anyone else having similar issues?

Cheers

mm