Mod ID is invalid - as default?

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by MarkMods, Oct 27, 2013.

1. MarkMods

MarkMods Registered

Dear Community & Developers,

For our game server hosting I am doing research in integrating rFactor 2 in our custom control panel, however it seems I can't even get rFactor 2 dedicated game servers to start properly.
    For some reason the "Matcher Status" keeps on prompting: "Mod ID is invalid".
    It even does that when I start the server without any custom content installed...

To be honest I have the feeling I am missing something obvious here, is there anyone who faces similar issues or anyone knows what needs to be done to fix this issue?

To make sure: I do not run any self built mods here, tried a clean server and some ISI mods provided on this forum. Not any configuration I have tried so far managed to get the server to show up in the server list, which I assume is because of the "Mod ID is invalid" error (?).

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

2. Xsev

Xsev Registered

Same problem here!! I´m testing now since hours no result :(

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Do you have vmods from other servers that you can test?

And in the multiplayer.ini it should be:
    Announce Host="1" // Whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

4. Xsev

Xsev Registered

Thank you Denstjiro! The problem was the Match ID - I didn´t get a new ID while registering the mod. After the server restart on weekend it works fine now.