Mixed brand wheel+pedal issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Naz, May 2, 2017.

1. Naz

Naz Registered

Hi all

I have reinstalled rf2 in anticipation of the VR support. I can't seem to set up my pedals and wheel properly however so hope someone can assist.

I have a Thrustmaster t500 wheel and th8a gear shifter but use fanatic clubsport v3 pedals. I can set up this combination in Assetto Corsa and project cars without issue, but am having no luck in rf2.

The game defaults to the Thrustmaster t500 wheel so I suppose it is expecting to see the Thrustmaster pedals and that must be causing problems. The steering is mapped to the throttle pedals. I can't remap steering to the wheel (I've tried remapping it to the wheel axes in the right hand menu (I can remap all buttons and the pedals themselves) but it does not register the wheel at all. Additionally, if I move the wheel beyond 800 degrees when trying to map the wheel to "move left" for example, the game crashes each time.

I have gone through the presets hoping to find a "custom" preset where I could just manually set each axis and button individually but there is no such option ... there are only presets for the different branded wheels and controllers.

Looking forward to giving rf2 a try in VR.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and cheers.
    :)

2. TonyKnukklez

TonyKnukklez Registered

I'm having the same problem.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I have a t500 and csr elite pedals and have no issues.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

I've got CSWv2 with Logitech G25 pedals/shifter on Bodnar cables and had no trouble remapping. Perhaps you could load a Fanatec wheel w/pedals profile and reassign the wheel? Or leave the pedals disconnected under the current profile, remap the wheel, save the profile, exit, and reconnect the pedals before starting again?

5. TonyKnukklez

TonyKnukklez Registered

For whatever reason, when I downloaded the DX11 beta and restarted, everything was recognized.