Missing .exe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozspeedfreak, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Hi all and thanks for a great sim. I recently blew a psu and after installing a new one for some reason I was unable to access my drive.(hal.dll crap) Reinstalled XP on another partition and am able to access everthing on the drive but now my RFACTOR2.EXE is gone. All other rFactor2 files are there and intact. Do I have to download everything again or is there some way I can get the .exe file? I'm already bored with rFactor1!! Many thanks for any assistance.

Ozspeedfreak

2. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Should be in 'Core' directory if I'm not mistaken. I'm using my laptop right now, so I couldn't tell the exact directory. But rfactor2.exe should be in 'Core' directory.

3. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Yep, should be but it isn"t. Weird stuff. Time for windows7!

4. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

If you don't own it it might be worth holding off until windows 8 which is probably between 12-24 months away.

though win 7 works well and its not so bad for its price :)

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Nah, going for a launch version of Windows is never worth it compared to giving it six months to a year to see what happens. Besides, most people I know who've tried W8 are thoroughly unimpressed.

6. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Yeah I've got 7 around here somewhere. That's going on today.

7. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

Windows 7 is a great piece of kit. I put off getting it for a very long time because my experience of Vista on other people's systems was extremely frustrating but 7 fixes almost every issue.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I would always recommend reinstalling via the installer anyway while we're in beta and people haven't too much experience with this. If you reinstall then you need DirectX and the other things the installer is giving you anyway. All you need is the installer, update and the rfmod files for a full install.

9. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

Thanks Tim. Sorry for the late reply. Been offline for a while. Will be re-installing today and back up and running on W7.