Missing content from DLC?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jikun, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Jikun

Jikun Registered

A couple of months ago I bought the Endurance Pack, but content has been added to Endurance Pack and I didn't receive it. Is it normal or should I write to support for help?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you purchased the Endurance Pack, you got what you paid for. Any later additions to that only benefit future purchasers. Your option would be to add the missing cars via individual purchases.

3. Jikun

Jikun Registered

Thanks for the answer, but it's weird considering I bought the Formula E Pack and I got the 2020 and 2021 update, it seems like only some packs are getting free updates

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The mission of S397 is to generate immediate sales when they release a car pack or an individual car. Because online racing requires the user to have the same cars as the server, they try(once initial sales die down) to then roll cars into packs so that new users can purchase the entire pack usually at a much lower price than buying individually. Due to how the licensing agreements have been agreed to, some manufacturers have allowed their EVO cars to be released for free to previous purchasers.(Audi R8 & I "THINK" the 2020 Bentley). But once you purchase a single car OR a carpack, that is what you receive. There is no mention of future additions to the carpack. FEATURES may be upgraded and added at any time. But most new cars in the GT arena do not get automatically added to existing owners.
    Now Formula E has chosen rF2 to be a near official outlet for their product. The Formula E organizers have apparently decided it is in their best interest to keep the Gen2 carset current. That is probably why you got those updates. 2022? I really don't know.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Remember a "pack" is not a season pass. You will only buy the store items listed in the description. A pack is just a collection of DLC for a cheaper price than buying separate, a "bundle" if you will.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jikun just to answer the question plainly: normal.

When the FE content got added for existing owners, it was a bonus. But that's not normal.

For a short time I was able to join GT content races, then the Ferrari came out. I would have had to buy it to stay compatible, but I didn't enjoy the cars, so I still don't have it. C'est la vie ;)

7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Now that I see as inequitable - you bought the pack but then a car was added and you can’t make full use of the pack you bought, you are coerced into buying the added car in order to continue to use what you paid for. There’s a conceptually simple technical answer, you should be able to race against other people who are using content you don’t have as I believe you can in some other sims. I suppose it can be argued that you’re getting some benefit from racing against a car you haven’t paid for, if so then put a (much lower) price on that and allow cars to be purchased "to look at not to drive". I suspect the value of that benefit is so small that it wouldn’t be worth collecting.