Mirrors with view perspective in VR, can you?and because they do not improve the image in vr, if it

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SULFAIL, Apr 30, 2022.

1. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

In VR, when you move your head, looking at the mirror should change what you see, like in Project Cars and Iracing, in Rfactor the mirrors don't work like that, it's just a fixed view, there is no perspective of the movement. . in relation to your head in virtual reality in the mirrors,
    like in pccars2 or iracing, for when? Is it possible to do this? I guess it's easy
    I like that they bring out new things, but this should already be in rfactor2 a long time ago, but these details are already tedious,
    I really like how I see rfactor2 using a vr reshade and it's easy to implement in rfactor2 but there are a lot of details in vr that they don't care about and a lot of users would benefit from focusing on that but this is sorely needed. it is essential to have a real immersion in the car, it would also be essential to put an openvrfsr by default as I do and a better sharpness and everything depending on which virtual reality glasses of each model, I do it like this and it continues to be the one for me I see better even now better than project cars2 with that, without that it's a shame, in hp reverb g2, for my rfactor 2 it adapts very well to insert both openvrfsr in its latest version, such as reshades with vr and real tones, not like the Other simulators have to adapt an old version, if I do it with almost no programming knowledge, why not you? they would win more users, rfactor 2 for me is still the best and it looks great as I have it, I want everything to work well, and not just think about the monitor, vr should have the highest priority, I use the latest version of openvrfsr, along with a vr reshade and I really like how rfactor2 renders me with a simple gtx 1080, and I get a very real image and tone, which I can't get in others, I take advantage of those compatibilities, which others still don't have, nor will they, because they are closed , a pity, because this is easy, and the mirror is very necessary, come on, it is something that should already be there, before other things that focus, greetings, I use a translator, let's see if they understand it.

bishop and davehenrie like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

much of rF2 is controlled by text files that end with this extension: .json. Inside the User Data folder is a file called Player.json. It is a large text file. Search the text for the following two lines:
    "Moving Rearview":3,
    "Moving Rearview#":"Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement",
    Experiment by adding or subtracting the values in parenthesis, and saving the player.json file before re-booting rF2. In my example the value of 3 combines both of the previous options) I don't have VR but the above changes may help. Good luck.

3. SULFAIL

SULFAIL Registered

No friend, that doesn't work, I had already tried it, it doesn't work for vr, I don't know if it will for a trakir, but for vr I already tried it, in 1 in 2 and 3 and nothing, it doesn't do anything, first adjust the mirrors , there are things that appear in the player.json but they don't work, I guess they will activate it in another way, let's see if they do it soon, greetings. I've been in rfactor 2 since ISI, I know it well.

bishop likes this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

AFAIK this is not implemented in rF2.