Micro Stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dradecki, Mar 21, 2014.

1. dradecki

dradecki Registered

I am having a major issue with rf2. When I run a full lap I get micro-stutters every second or so. It doesn't occur on my out lap, only after I driven my outlap and about halfway through my first complete lap. I have been trying to find the fix for this issue for over a month. I have disabled the replay functionality, reduced my graphics, optimized the settings for my video card, disabled all unnecessary system services, you name it. Any idea what could be causing this?

Dave

2. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Update. I noticed this happens at between 4 to 4 1/2 minutes after I get on the track, no matter how many laps I run. I can sit in the pits for 4 minutes, or go out on track immediately and it is always around the same time.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Take out any plugins you're running and see if that stops it. If not try turning off replay recording.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

and don't alt+tab in and out of the game.

5. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Haven't alt+tab'ed but thank you for the advice. I also removed the plug-ins and it started again after about 5 minutes. I also disabled as many system services as possible again with no luck. I also have had replay disabled all along. This is really frustrating. You would think that once I got around the track once or twice without stuttering that this should work, but no such luck.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, missed where you said you'd turned off replays.

Very strange. CPU/GPU temps ok?

7. dradecki

dradecki Registered

They appear so. I disabled HDR and it looks like that might have cleared it up, but I'll have to give it a few more runs.

8. MrPix

MrPix Registered

do you have your CPU in power save mode by any chance? I noticed that I get micro stutters if I have my cx stepping enabled... I disable it now in Power settings from Control Panel before running any game/sim and haven't seen any stutters in the past year, SLI or single card!