Micro-Stuttering Due To 2 GPUs? Add A 3rd Card!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Armando

Armando Registered

In windowed mode probably SLI is not working, as you say. At least that's true with AMD cards in CrossFire.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, crossfire most likely disabled in windowed mode. Make an rf2 profile in your catalyst control centre, and try AFR friendly instead of default, that gave me a fps boost on my 6950s. If you're not sure how to do this, just ask :).

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

anybody got hdr working with tri fire or tri sli systems??? I have 3 5870's but hdr is a white mess atm (146) although i haven't tried build 156 yet and won't till next week :(..........

4. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I am running two nVidia cards, so I will have to check how to finagle it to work with SLI.

5. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I can't believe beta "optimization" is to blame here.
    This sim has been in "beta" for years now and everyone seems to be ok with that.
    Hopefully ISI will tie up the loose ends of this sim sooner of later this year, cause things are getting stale with this sim...

6. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Disabling AA in the game fixed the issue.
    Now SLI runs without microstutter, getting about 80-100 fps around Monaco with close to max settings, not bad.

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I ended up selling my pair of GTX 460's for a single GTX 670. Really pleased with smoothness results in not only rf2. Although the 670 is a better card than the 460's in sli, i could have purchased a single card 660Ti for the same price i sold my 460's which are pretty identical in overall fps performance. Stepping up to a single card also gave me twice the ram as that seems to be the trend over 2 card generations. Just saying, maybe worth getting rid of sli/crossfire setups for a single card and not just for rf2 reasons.

8. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

I am using the Lenovo Y500 laptop, so I can only used the GT 650M cards for this laptop.
    I am happy with the SLI configuration now.
    Tweaking the settings worked for rFactor, finally.

9. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Well after more testing, I have figured that HDR is a true performance killer and is the cause of micro-stutter for SLI.

Without HDR, I am able to run with settings almost max, 62 fps max limit in player file, vsync on, and get smooth gameplay on all tracks, including Monaco.

Once HDR is turned on, Monaco micro-stutters at certain places.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
  10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Why 62fps limit if vsync limits u to 60?

11. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

.PLR Modifications from stock:
    Max Framerate="62.00000"

NOTE: This appears to be the key to getting very good performance with VSync. I can run most settings maxed out while maintaining 60 FPS at all times. With this option disabled (set to 0) I have to reduce in-game graphics settings significantly to eliminate stutter & reduced framerates.

Got it from here:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5783-GTX-580-vSync-users-performance-tips-and-observations