MCR - in-car engine sound really low

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by PaladinUK, Oct 23, 2022.

1. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Hello,

I've been away from rF2 for a while but updated to last stable release, jumped in to the MCR at Ibarra and can hardly hear my engine and gear shift sound in car, which is disconcerting. It's still there but incredibly low (even when no other cars are around me) and messing around with the various sliders, including the legacy ones, hasn't helped, neither has increasing the number of effects to 64. Audio outside of the cockpit is fine, i.e. other cars, tyre screech etc. I've tried a few different cars on the same track and don't have the same issue. As a final attempt, I deleted the entire 'Sound Options' section from my player.json and let it rebuild itself, but no joy there either.

Any ideas or is this a result of the new sound engine?

Cheers,

Steve

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It IS a result of the new sound engine, but you can play with the sliders underneath the LEGACY header and turn down SFX and turn up your engine, but another thread hear a couple of weeks back also mentioned the same issue. I think the cockpit is going to fairly low volume regardless of your slider adjustments.

3. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Registered

Cheers Dave. I'll give your suggestions a go later and see if I get anywhere but having messed around with the sliders before, I'm not too optimistic. And that's a shame as I really rely on the in-car engine and gear shift / autoblip sound in the heat of battle. No time to look at RPM or shift lights etc and I was hitting the limiter constantly yesterday without the audible cues.

Do you know if this is something that will be addressed in a future update?

Thanks again.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It'll require an update to the new sound parameters. That'll first require S397 to finalise the sound engine changes and release guidelines, and then Reiza to update their content. So not soon I'd say.

If this is the car I'm thinking of, I think the new sound engine thinks it's a tintop based on something, and is attenuating the cockpit sounds accordingly. A victim of progress....