McLaren M23 non-adjustable mirrors.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by benborp, Oct 14, 2018.

1. benborp

benborp Registered

Is there a fix planned for the M23's mirrors? Like the March 761 the cockpit mirrors are not adjustable. The default position of the March's mirrors at least shows following cars and allows the car to be used for racing without resorting to virtual mirrors. The McLaren mirrors have a very narrow field of view and are directed at a point approximately 105° from the front of the car. This is of virtually no use at all when racing. Using the virtual mirrors breaks the immersion that these excellent cars provide, the floating panels also cause VR nausea problems for some - this is something that I find particularly troubling in open cockpit cars.

Louis and oppolo like this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Have a look in my mirror guide, link below in my sig.

3. benborp

benborp Registered

Thanks for that. But as I said, the problem is that the mirrors are not adjustable so using the seat controls in conjunction with Alt, Shift and Ctrl generally has no effect. Editing the parameters in the all_vehicles.ini has no effect.
    The only movement possible is the general mirror position (equivalent to Shift + seat controls). Neither left nor right door mirror parameters are adjustable, none of the zoom controls have any effect, there is no centre mirror to adjust. It is possible to game the mirror view to some extent using the "Moving Rearview" and "Rearview Independent" player.json switches in conjunction with re-setting head position in VR to an extreme forward or rear position, but because the default orientation of the mirrors is so extreme it still isn't possible to view the area to the rear of the car.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If the car hasn't got the independent side mirror controls trying to adjust the mirrors ends up being a compromise of where, if at all, they will be the best.
    Being one of the S397 cars it should not have been released without independent controls. I just downloaded the 23 and 761 and the only reason I think they could come up with is that the mirror is in a fixed position in it's casing and the casing is in a fixed position.
    A reason that in real life and sim is unacceptable.

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Eric Rowland likes this.
  6. benborp

benborp Registered

The M23 has the correct MIRROR.BMP in comparison to other recently issued and working S397 produced cars. It would appear that the issue lies elsewhere so I'll just leave this bug report as pertaining specifically to the mirror issues on the McLaren M23.

7. Bernd

Bernd Registered

The deciding part of my post was, that the mirrors are not splitted and that is the reason that they are not adjustable independly or not adjustable at all, in most cases.