Maximum value for /setmass (in lieu of being able to manage upgrades correctly!)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MileSeven, Aug 8, 2023.

1. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

So as far as we can tell, the Force Upgrades functionality still doesn’t work effectively - so on vehicles with multiple engine power options, we can’t seem to lock out ones we don’t want… Pleading for this to be fixed has traditionally fallen on deaf ears, so moving on….:(

…thanks to @DanRZ (I think), the welcomeplugin can quite effectively add ballast to create an unfavourable BOP for undesirable options (I found you do need to do a bit more digging than expected to identify working class descriptions, but got there in the end).

Anyway, is there a known limit on how much mass you can add? It would be handy to have an upper limit to add to upgrade levels that you simply don’t want people to choose…

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The max is 255 KG.
    Yes, it is a shame the Fixed Upgrades in multiplayer do not work.

DanRZ likes this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Yes, you can add mass with my version of the WelcomePlugin which uses the description of the car (Only left or right part before or after the #).
    The limit of the setmass command is 255 if i remember well ...
    If you can't force Upgrade, just make an upgrade rfcmp, modify the Upgrade.ini in the package and leave only one option. Send it on a Steam Workshop item, use it in your server mod and players will just have to subscribe.

MileSeven likes this.
  4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Thanks.

I found that to get your plugin to work with this mod, I had to specify the "UpgradeClass" text (upgrades.ini) for each engine option rather than the car description in the .Veh's - or the simple "Description" entry under each UpgradeLevel in the upgrades.ini.

Shame that the extra mass is limited to 255kg - it'll be fine for the single seater in question but is limiting for heavier cars. Ho-hum!

5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

The setmass needs to be only a small adjustment.

Max i use is 15 to 20 Kilos (GT3, GTE).

If you really need to add more than 50 kilos you should probably better reduce power or torque on the Upgrade file for this car.

Don't forget adding too much mass will probably modify the handling of the car, the tyres usage, fuel consumption and else ... The handicap will be probably worst than just lap time ...

6. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Yes - well the point was to easily balance the BOP by punitive extra mass so that no one voluntarily chooses engine options higher than intended for the race. I can change the upgrade file (might be the best option for a league but overkill for friendly races) but don't really want to have that hassle.

If Fixed Upgrades worked as intended/originally, we wouldn't have this problem - I'd just stick an INI in the server to remove choice from the end users.