Massive Stutter Problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SETHONMETH, May 19, 2016.

1. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

I'm having a huge stutter problem in all cars at all tracks. Basically at all times on track there is a constant frame stutter that makes the game unplayable. The game used to work fine for me last time I played in early 2015. Started it up earlier this week and it had this problem. So I uninstalled and installed the Steam version. Still there. Tried rolling back driver, setting prerendered frames to 1, every v-sync option, every resolution. CPU and GPU not overloaded. They run at pretty low rates for gaming.

So can I just not play this game? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

According to what? Press Ctrl-C, you'll probably see the purple CPU graph is hitting the right edge of the graph (not a good thing).

Change this line in your controller.ini file:

"Use thread":true,

to:

"Use thread":false,

And see how that goes.

3. SETHONMETH

SETHONMETH Registered

I had already tried this, but gave it another go. No luck. Doesn't change anything for me. I even went into the custom profile I made for my TX and changed it there too.

Looking at the CTRL+C graph, the purple bar never touches the right edge. The green bar is pretty much pegged there though. Game runs at a constant 68FPS.

I already tried all of the suggestions in this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/28751-Build-1080-and-graphic-stutters

I've logged 10 hours of gameplay trying different things out and nothing has fixed this problem. Tried reverting to every build available on Steam, no luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017