SOLVED Massive FPS drop since May??

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by C. Banger, Nov 4, 2017.

1. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I've not been racing for a few months. I booted up rF2 and noticed there were big FPS drops since I last played in May. I ran some old replays which I benched for DX11 first release - and now I'm getting less than half the FPS. I was getting 80-120 FPS then - now it's down to @30-50 FPS.

I've not changed any settings. I was still running the old DX11 beta build, so I updated to the latest one - still low FPS. Only difference to my PC since May is the new NVidia driver. I wondered if was causing the problem? But I've run Assetto Corsa, AMS and R3E and they're fine as before - it's definitely a issue with rF2. I tried lowering graphical settings, turning off PP - but that doesn't seem to help.

Can anyone shed any light? I've searched the forum but doesn't seem anyone else has this issue. I'm hoping it's something simple as it was running fine a few months ago. My system is an i7-4770 / GTX 970 / 8GB.

Cheers.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I also bought an Oculus Rift a few days ago and installed the software etc.. but that shouldn't have any effect?? I even unplugged it. I really want to test VR on rF2 but there's no point if I'm getting such low FPS on single monitor.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  2. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Could you please try deleting the shaders and cbash folders?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Shaders
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log\CBash

C. Banger likes this.
  3. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Thx Amarildo :). Turns out it was the CBash files. I looked at all the files in the 2 folders. All the shader files were updated when I launched rF2 about 4 hours ago - but the CBash files were still old. I deleted the CBash files but kept the Shader files just to test... and Hey Presto!! Everything is now running as it was. I didn't have any problems with these files like others did back in May, so it didn't occur to me to delete them this time around. :confused:

I suspected it was something simple (like myself, duh). Thx so much.

Amanda Santini likes this.