Marussia & formula masters question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vedster, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Vedster

Vedster Registered

Gents,

Are above cars meant to have speed displayed on the dash? I can see gears, and rew counter leds, but no speed. I have hud switched off and don't like using tach overlay either. Any way to do this?

Cheers

2. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

As far as I know the f1 cars do not display actual speed, I dislike having the tach showing on screen too ( i don't like the view cluttered ) I use dashmeter pro on a cheap generic Android tablet, It gives screen upon screen of every bit of telemetry you could need, There are lots of alternatives for Android phones/tablets and iPhones/iPads such as Sli-emu.

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There should be the option to display it if we want to, same with delta times and other information which they can choose to display.

4. Vedster

Vedster Registered

Cheers gents, so to recap, there is no way to display any info at all on the dash at present? Maybe feature that will be added laters?

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I sincerely hope so, the steering wheel plays a pretty big part in modern F1 so I would be surprised if a sim of the stature of rF2 won't do it justice at some point.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

F1 cars do display the speed, at least in the helmet cam videos I have managed to find. It's just another feature on the long list of not yet implemented in rF2. Would be nice to have the delta displayed as well.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, F1 cars don't display speed by default, hardly any top flight racing cars do really... For speed limits in the pits, etc, they either have a limiter, or they know to keep a certain amount of revs in a certain gear to get that speed.

8. 88mphTim

Yeah and look how awesomely effective it is, telling him he is going 40 while flat in the tunnel. This is hardly ever used. I would assume he's using it right there simply to see how fast his top speed was, as that is what stays on the screen as he crosses the line.

9. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Sorry for changing the subject, but it is still FISI related:)

People noticed a downforce lever difference between the Marussia and the FISI cars that has been released, I haven't personally tested it. It would make sense because the Marussia was a backmarker in 2012. Would have like to have seen the "fictional" Caterham to have the same downforce level as the Marussia has, and filled up the FISI with the "fictional" McLaren, Lotus and Redbull but than with even greater downforce level than the current FISI has. That way you would really have top- middle and slow teams, which would make sense.
    If I look at it now and if you want to have a online championship, you have to pick or the FISI or the Marussia, otherwise it wouldn't work as you would only have slow and fast cars and nothing in the middle.
    My question is are you going to fill up the FISI with cars with even more downforce?:)

10. 88mphTim

Probably not. The next GP-spec cars will probably be 2014 spec. So yes, you'll have to make your choice, although you could easily split the usage. For example do half a season with one, then the other, or even have drivers forced to use another car in half the races randomly or by choice. Really up to you whether you want it to be a spec league or not.

11. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thanks for your answer Tim, I know now that I don't have to wait for it and pick one of the 2 cars for the league or indeed make use of the suggestions you make.