Marbles showing up on non track section?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by CosmiC10R, Jul 27, 2013.

1. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Hi Guys,

Been fiddling with a conversion Track and have realroad working but when I use 3dsimed to preview the marbles they show up on a section of the track that you don't drive on. This is part of the racesurface gmt. The actual racetrack portion where I want the marbles to show up on has a different material then the section of the track that the marbles show up on. I tried renaming the materials but it didnt seem to work.

Any Ideas on why the marbles show up on one section of the .gmt and not the other... I can even just load the gmt by itself and oddly the racesurface darkens using the 3dsimed preview on both sections of track but marbles only darkens on the non race portion of the track... It has to be something with the materials but with hours of fiddling with settings, I havent figured it out

Thanks!

edit- Im using Road Shader two diffuse maps shader on both materials on the one gmt

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

RealRoad tech works on all faces of a RaceSurface object, regardless of the shader that is being used so the marbles will indeed be there even if you can't see them properly. The shader simply interprets it graphically. If both materials are set up the same way, the results should look the same (i.e. copy/paste the marbles texture stage or triple check both are using the correct texture).

Other than that, does it look correct in the Viewer or ModDev? It has some sliders to blanket the RaceSurfaces with groove, marbles and water.

3. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

If the .gmt objects being converted contain both road and other parts of the track (which is not uncommon for rF1 tracks), you need to extract the road surface mesh into separate .gmt objects and only apply RealRoad to them. This is because it's the .scn instance naming that activates RealRoad, not the material names or the shaders used.

4. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Thanks for the responses guys...

I have triple checked the textures and they seem fine.
    Jorgen, I have a few tracks where I didnt need to do this and real road works fine... So it seems weird that this one track does this.
    And it seems odd that I can isolate the one track gmt... test racegroove and in 3dsimed both sections darkens... but only part of the .gmt darkens using the 3dsimed preview for the marbles/dirt. Does it seem weird that in 3dsimed only half of the one gmt darkens and it isnt the actually track surface but a side street.