Marbles/Clagg - should I be able to feel them yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JPS, Sep 29, 2012.

1. JPS

JPS Registered

Build 107
    Fanatec GT3RS V2 wheel

Are the marbles/clagg in the 107 beta just visual at this point? I can see them build up fine, but I don't feel them when I drive through them and I haven't noticed a significant difference in traction when I run wide out onto them. Even after I've let them build up for an hour of practice with a 12 car field. Tried with both the Renault 3.5 and several 1960's F1/F2 cars.

I know the FF with my wheel is working fine because I can feel other FF effects just fine.

Is the marbles/clagg just for show at this point?

2. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

I definitely experience a massive drop in grip when I get off the "rubbered in" line mid turn. As for on the exit drive, I haven't payed enough attention to it, but I would expect the drop in performance would be less serious/noticeable in a straight line.

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

It would be nice if there was a little (little!!) vibration for half a lap or so after driving onto the marbles while the tires were still dirty :).

4. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 :)

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

the lack of grip is there, especially noticeable in the Clios when you run wide its like ice! Would be good to have the vibration from marbles/clagg/dirt in the future, guess thats just another "for the future" item on ISIs list.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

rF2 F3 Spa+ marbles = understeer + die

lopl

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is no pickup, or lasting effect from driving on them, (on on grass/dirt) at this time I think. Right now being on them just gives reduced grip, as being on the racing line, rubbered in, increases grip. It is planned for it to have a lasting effect, as with dirt and grass also.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Good to hear Tim, I`d expect nothing less. :)