Mapping of all functions to any input

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by C-L-M, Jan 12, 2021.

1. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

I would like the see the possibility of being able to map any function to any button/controller/input device, and not have mandatory modifiers (like CTRL) for some functions.
    Also the 'hidden' functions like the mirror position I would like to map to any input.
    I use a buttonbox and a separate keypad, and like to make best of both. For example : It's a bit annoying to change the position of the mirrors when being forced to use CTRL and ALT only in combination with the buttons that are assigned to the seat position.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I use a phone app that acts like a button box and I can combine the extra keypress like CTRL with other commands so I have virtual buttons for mirrors and seats. I adjust those only when I'm not driving so having an actual physical switch isn't a high priority for me. (Roccat's Power-Grid)

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Maybe try joy2key: https://joytokey.net/en/ - i am using this for my button box to map all functions which need several keypresses to it

4. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

I have used that program. But like most, I run many sims. Plenty of tools to setup... This is a wish that should not be that difficult to implement for Studio 397. A new GUI and improved keybindings are in the same department...