Making track folders?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jimcarrel, Jan 24, 2013.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Is it, or will it be possible to create track folders containing a collection of tracks?
    Like in rF1?
    In rF1, you could do so using the search paths in the .scn file.

I can't even find scn files in rF2.

Are they packed in a GMT file?

If packed in a GMT file, I would suppose they wouldn't work right if online? Possibly cause a mismatch online?

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Good question, I have been wondering this too. At the moment it seems as if there is only one folder per track where the component name is the folder name, plus one version number sub-folder. With this scheme, naming the components is apparently very important. Being able to group tracks belonging to a certain track pack in a dedicated folder is quite common in rF1, particularly for league track packs, so it would be a bit of a shame if this will not be possible in rF2.

The scene file is in one of the track MAS files by the way. Most commonly the one that is unique to a particular layout of the track.

3. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

as long as your tracks are named uniquely you could put them all into 1 component and name it something like ***League_Trackpack which would give you something pretty close to what you are talking about...the .scn search paths to a folder is only used in devmode now