Making multiple objects driveable at once.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by hamiltonfan2205, Sep 26, 2014.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Hi,
    I solved the DDS issue. My question is now is there a way I can edit multiple objects to make that part of the track driveable because on a track I'm working on (which won't be released anytime soon) there are a lot of objects that I'd like to be driveable and in 3d simed, just doing all one at a time is a hell of a lot of work, so is there a way that I can apply this setting to all objects at once?

Also how do I fix crash when I click leave track?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

First i would suggest to post such threads in the rFactor 2 Modding/ Track Modding section.

And resuming your different threads you've opened the last days, i would say that in most cases a not well converted track caused the problems you have.
    Maybe the basic track is not well done too.

And to try to answer this question ( if i understood you right):
    I don't know if 3DSimEd3 for rFactor2 work similar to old 3DSimEd but normally you just have to add the term "HATTarget=True" into the instance of the gmt in the scn file.
    And if you want to have it in the output.scn for multiple gmt, just mark the wanted objects (could be done with Ctrl and left mouse button in old version), rightclick on it and choose "Objects" and "Set Tags". Then you can mark the wanted properties.

And one reason for a crash when leaving the track in rFactor1 was e.g. when the names of the gmt have been to long. I would suggest to not use more than 15 characters.

3. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Well is there anyway you can shorten the name of multiple gmts?

4. redapg

redapg Registered

Depends on the current naming, they should have the almost same names like

Treewall_mytrack_dark_001.gmt
    Treewall_mytrack_dark_002.gmt
    Treewall_mytrack_dark_003.gmt

or similar.

I use a little older software for the renaming, called LUPAS.