make gravel traps great again!

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Stevy, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

MAKE GRAVEL TRAPS GREAT AGAIN!

This is really something which bothers me across all modern sims today, but I play rf2 exclusively so I don't car about other sims much.

Make gravel traps, traps again. Make them stop the cars.
    Currently gravel it just a surface which makes the FFB shaky and has perhaps less grip than the road.

Make it back like in GTR2 where you had to work to get out again.
    And if a formula car get's sideways in the gravel then let it flip like in real life.

We want the most accurate physics and sounds on track, but the moment we get off it seems off most of the time.
    Gras is ok for my non existing experience, but gravel is really bad and really sad to see that (real or good) gravel, in modern sims, is really non existing.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ideally an Option to have "Easy, Medium, Hard to get out of" gravel traps would be great but I don't think that's feasible.

Having just purchased Brands hatch I was surprised at how easy it was to get out of the trap at Paddock, but could immediately hear the casual simmers getting angry every time they got stuck in it if it were like real life! Compromises all round and I can see why.

Stevy and doddynco like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I remember to have to hit ESC in some races in rF1 for being stuck in the sand, which is realistic IMO. In a GT car, ok, it depends, but on a formula car, going on the sand most probably should mean your race is over...