Low FPS ATI HD7870

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MickyMutton, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Hey all

I'm running three 23" monitors on my machine: Phenom 975BE o/c 3.8 - 4 gig ram - XFX HD7870 2GB - Windows 7 32bit. Can't seem to get decent graphic settings without the game running low fps.

Any ideas or a compromise people? I would have thought my machine was good enough for at least decent graphics/fps?

Thanks
    MM

2. coops

coops Banned

it is but the graphics are still in WIP stage best way of saying it

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

your machine is certainly good enough, whether that card can run 3 screens on its own is not for me to say. Having said that I have seen posts (in the past) relating to performance issues when running more than one screen so that maybe the cause. Try a search for "Triple" and have a nose about.

4. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

You do know with windows 32bit your only able to use 3 of you 4 gigs of ram due to limitations with 32bit (check your windows system . Also Im running a 7950 and think i would need another to get the most out of 3 screens and you're trying to do with a 7870!!!!!!

I bet with just one monitor your be able to do it.

5. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

I know about the ram limit, I have 4 GB, Thing is I get a steady 60 fps in pCARS (medium settings) and well over 100 fps (high settings) in iRacing with a full race grid on three screens. Best to just wait till the graphics are optimized I rekon.

MM

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

dont be fooled by the fact its a 7000 series card, a 78xx series is not much faster (except for in games with tesselation) than a 68xx series which is about on par (sometimes faster, sometimes slower) than a 58xx series, and the 58xx cards came out years ago. The 78xx does have more room for overclocking though.

Performance wise you have a bit of an increase over a late 2009 card, no offence.

Unless you get the 79xx series card your not getting a really powerfull card, ESPECIALLY if you are trying to run triple screens.

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/36269-amd-radeon-hd-7850-vs-6850-vs-5850-clocks/?page=11

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Micky

i run tripple monitors in 3d, the big trick is reduce down your resolution

i find i actually like lower resolutions better and set it so the aspect looks correct (balanced with in sim POV ) & just above the level of things looking unsharp

i find the best res for aspect is 3960 x 967 but for a sharper image i run at 4420 x 900

i use 3 x 27" monitors , i dont use multview option ( looks better and saves fps ) AA x1

you should be able to run at fairly high settings with these settings (track detail medium, shadows med to high ) HDR on,

good luck

8. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Thanks Adrian

That nailed it, Graphics not as sharp but the racing is great!

MM