Lost steering.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Butch Nackley, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I lost steering on my G27 after hitting the button for Boost in the Formula 2. The message came up about the car not having boost, but steering was disabled. I had throttle and brake, maybe gears too, I don't recall, but steering was dead and light on shifter was blinking.

This is the only time I have experienced any controls issues.

2. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

This happened again tonight. Offline after leaving the pits in Practice session with AI. Shifting, etc still worked but steering went out and light on shifter began flashing.

3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

No replies, so I am guessing this is not a problem with the game.

I think there may be a problem on my end with hardware recognition with Logitech software, or something.
    I just hooked up my wheel and notice the tray pop-up saying Driving Force USB ready for use.
    In Game Controller, it shows as G27 though and everything appears to be fine there. In game all functions work fine, except for the loss of steering, twice now.
    I am using the latest Logitech drivers.
    This may be a problem with the wheel it's self. I just bought it (new) a couple weeks ago. Whatever it is, it isn't normal, lol.

4. dandar

dandar Registered

Try to use another usb port, and ensure that the cable will not move when you play. The popup on systray must appear only when u plug the hardware, and not every time.
    Another theory may be that the USB port does not have enought current to handle the G27 but that's very weird, because logitech uses the power from the power source in order to drive the ffb and all that stuff instead of using usb's current.
    I'm using a g27 with the latest drivers and never had this issue.

Also you could try to reset back your key and joystick assignment, maybe some key or button got mapped twice for different things. This happened to me before.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Do you guys think the UI warning messages, or texts, are happening at exactly the same time you lose controls? Such as the car not having boost message...

6. dandar

dandar Registered

I never had this issue using my g27 (Win7 x64) with the latest drivers. But I've not tested this issue with the original drivers available from the instalation disk.