Looking for a shift sound plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Martin Vindis, May 29, 2015.

1. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

Hey guys. I'm looking for a plugin that would play a sound every time it's time to shift, almost like a shift light but that plays a sound (beep) instead. I'm trying to keep my UI as clear as possible and this would help a bit.
    Do something like this exists? If not, would it be hard to create?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure if there's one out there, it's definitely possible because I've done one for league use. I wasn't sure if it's worth making publicly available, and there could potentially be argument as to whether it's giving an advantage etc... so just haven't looked at releasing it.

I also have the DRS beeps happening, which would probably be less contentious.

3. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

If you don't find a plugin you also can modify sound files (wav's and sfx file), so it plays a beep when you reach certain RPM value. However it is not easy to do it in realistic way and it will also beep when you downshift over this RPM range.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When I get time I might throw mine together for release. I know some people won't like it but there's all sorts of HUDs etc you can use to similar effect...

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Would it be hard to create? Absolutely not.

The engine RPM and throttle position are both available, so those should be enough to determine when to play a sound. Playing a sound can be done easily through the commentary system (yeah, that's a bit of a hack, but an easy way to play a sound).