Looking for a league which isn't afraid to share wisdom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Racefreak1976, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Hey guys,

this might not be the right forum for such a topic, but it is by far the most frequented. My point is, I want to join an online league and/or racing team which is willing to share their knowledge about driving and setting up the car for all kinds of circumstances.
    My biggest problem however is time. I don't really have an awful lot of it.

If there should be anyone who is willing to take me in, please send me a pm.

Sincerely,
    Racefreak1976

2. Lecram

Lecram Registered

sr4l.com :)

3. coops

coops Banned

www.racefactor.com there maybe a better site in your time zone and area as this is an aussie web site but evrey1 is welcome.

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

As Hypernurbs suggested: sr4l. Most of us guys are from your / our time zone.
    We always tend to share setups if needed, or discuss certain driving problems in the training sessions. Our main events get announced mostly about 2 weeks ahead, so you can plan around that...and normally, the events take place on sunday evenings.
    Cars that are raced? Mainly it will be the classic F2 for the coming year. But we always do different events, mostly every second week. This year there were many F2 2012 events. Coming up next, in january, is an evente with the 370Z at croft.
    But if you make a good suggestion in our forums, there will be people to joing you and surely one of the three servers can be set up for your idea. I suggested the Croft 370Z race and even though i am quite new to the league, they made it happen.
    So: awesome bunch of guys in your time zone --> join us

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

6. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

www.simracingpro.com we do some rF2 events, and lots of Race 07 events/leagues. We have had (and will again) a Racing School in Race 07 to help new guys get a grip on GT cars (we used the GT Club cars). Leagues tend to be pretty competitive although there usually is a driver available to help you work up a track if you are struggling.

Our next rF2 event is a 150k GT500 Honda HSV race at Malaysia Full Circuit on Jan 7. Join up and if you need any help, we all use Steam to message each other and can help get you started. If you have Steam (yes we use it to message about rF2 also) contact me- my Steam handle is guybo2000

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I believe most leagues are very helpfull for new guys (though I think you are not new, I believe Ive seen you around a lot) and after a little time we tend to become friends between us, a league cannot function if it doesnt accieve team spirit, be you fast or slow.
    Best way to choose a league is the time zone, its no use joining if races happen when you are asleep or at work.
    Second is visiting their forums, if there is frequent and friendly activity there, that is a bonus for you having a nice time joining.

We at http://sr4l.com/ have races almost every Sunday night at 21:00 your time.
    Most of us are European, Germans a lot and also people from the States that feel that our timetable is suited to theirs.

so, come and visit, please visit other above leagues as well, Im sure you will find the place that suits you most :)
    (and you will stop depending exclussively from the mayhem of public servers-though some times are very enjoyable with very pleasant people)

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks guys for all the info. Much appreciated!
    Unfortunately, I'm working 12 hours a day, that's why I said I don't have much time. But that shouldn't be a problem for joining a league?
    Anyway, I'll take a good look at all of them before I make a decision.
    Thanks again guys and drive save, always.

Racefreak