Looking for a league to join

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Connor Daly, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Connor Daly

Connor Daly Registered

I am a newcomer to the rfactor sense and I really want to join a league that is beginner friendly so I can develop my skills as a racer. I am interested in racing GT and the BMW GTE particaully.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

G’day Connor, what time zone are you in, this’ll help folks point you in the right direction.

Grey and Tom Lory like this.
  3. Connor Daly

Connor Daly Registered

I am in the EST time zone

4. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Hi,Connor.

We are currently running the Studio 397 GT3 cars.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-racing-2020-s397-gt3-championship-usa.67690/

Saturday nights 11:00 PM EST you'll usually find some of our regulars practicing. If there are enough of us, we'll run short practice "Fun Races". Anyone is welcome to join us but if you want a lot of help then you'll need Teamspeak (free simple program) and a headset. Great time to get help and have fun.

Sunday evening is offiicial racing with official practice starting 7:30 PM EST and qualifying at 9:30 PM EST. Teamspeak is mandatory, server is locked. I often join the server near the beginning of Official Practice when I can help new drivers but the closer we get to qualifying the more that I need to focus on me as much as possible.

Anyone who can safely lap is welcome to join us. Speed does no matter one bit except that if you are slower than 107% of the pole time you will be moved to the back for Race 2 on Twin Sprint weekends.

You cited the GTE BMW as your favorite but I think that you'd find that the GT3 cars are more beginner friendly with ABS (antilock brakes) and TC (traction control) consistent with real life. Last I read, GTE cars have TC but no ABS and more power in real life.

5. Connor Daly

Connor Daly Registered

Sounds great I joined your forum. Just wondering if there is a Discord you guys uses

6. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Connor Daly.

No Discord we use Teamspeak as mentioned.

In case you don't know, there's in-game chat but it's not a great way to communicate with you especially on race day.

I should mention that this weekend may be especially challenging for a new driver as it will be a 60 minute race at Road Atlanta.

The following two weekends will be two ~25 minute races.

If you have more questions, I recommend posting on our forum, as that way there are more people who can help.