"Look Ahead" visual marker aid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by coasting&cruising, Jul 27, 2022.

1. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

In many of Driver61 training videos, he suggests that looking far ahead is a key technique for professional drivers. Here he also quantifies it in about "2 seconds ahead" of where you are.

So I was wandering if in rF2, in addition to the recently added feature of the "visual driving line" aid, we could have some form of visual marker "2 seconds ahead" of the driver, so one can have a clearer point of reference to train his vision.

@1:39: "the second tip is to look further ahead: get this right and it will absolutely transform your driving"

@2:20: "as a rule of thumb you want to look around two seconds ahead of your car"

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You should really put this in the wishlist section, not general discussion. I personally don't see any value in this sort of thing, and I'm not a fan of the driving line either - it actually stops you thinking about your driving, so it makes a complete noob look slightly better but slows their development.

3. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

I just noticed the wishlist section, I would move it but it seems only and admin can.

I don't use the driving line visual either, I find it distracting. But for the looking ahead tip, it's hard get used to since it doesn't come natural. So some tool might help. And a single marker would be less distracting than a whole driving line.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do you use a screen? Tape some cardboard across the lower part :p

Dave^ likes this.