Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

The lod problem should be a quick fix. Love to see the car being updated :)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

please forgive my complete ignorance but could this Lola be a good match for the two new ISI cars (Howston G4 and G6, based on real life Lola T70 specifications) when they come out? or are they too different?

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Did anyone mention starter, works fine in garage and pits.

Dash illumination would be nice.

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

Are they meant to have a starter?
    If not, like the F1 cars, you are able to use the "starter" in the pit or garage, but not when you are out on track. I guess it's meant to be the pitcrew attaching the external starter or push starting it.

And yeah...dash lighting...that night driving last night on your server was hilarious, just the red shift light popping up occasionally in the dash and for some reason, a really bright steering wheel XD

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

F3 have starter on track

I mean I know it is not realistic but ....

Wierd in the pic below almost looks like illumination, must just be light effect, almost looks like worn luminescent paint on the dials like a old watch. :)

Edit: I think another point about no starter is anyone uses a auto clutch ( which is set in most rooms ) wont stall and will have a clear advantage in that situation.

But hey I am all for a separate " hardcore no aids no menus I do not need " version of rF2 as well.

Strange so many people think that is a wierd think to want as " you can turn everything off anyways ? " ................... which is not the same thing nor my point. lopl

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I forgot to mention, the car colors seem a little too bright.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Interesting.

Not many years separate these two cars, actually T280 was the next step for Lola after the T70, 3 or 4 years don't look much but they were.
    T280 was also the product of a big change in regulations.
    The rules changed from 5 liters to 3, so Lola could use the aluminium F1 Coswoth DFV, against the Chevrolet cast iron unit.
    The power was almost the same, around 450bhp, but the weight difference was big.
    Because T280's engine was lighter they could get away with an all-aluminium chassis, while T70 needed steel reinforcements.
    In the end T280 had a 0.67 bhp/kg power to weight ratio, while T70 had only 0.56.
    I bet T280 left T70 behind at acceleration easily.
    Another interesting thing was that T280 used inboard brakes so they could use bigger wheels that gave them top traction.

It was just a step from T70 to T280 but it was a big one.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I thought of a couple more things to point out:

1- It'd be great to have all driver and team names properly spelled out and capitalized (that Darin Gangi from ISR's fantasy car could be removed, my opinion).
    2- Although the rear part of the car may come off, the brake lights still appear floating in the air.
    3- This can be next? :p
    View attachment 9544

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Cool thanks for that, might be worth checking them out together just to see if they work. like different cars on track :)

10. Tony

Tony Registered

The rear-view mirrors could be a bit larger & clearer. This might not be historically accurate, but would make online racing a bit better - without having to resort to the hud-mirrors in the sky which tends to kill the immersion

Great cars with a really nice feel of weight & power, will be nice to see them updated, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  11. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 I forgot about the rear lights thing.

And #3 sounds good too. :)

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I absolutely love driving this car and like others, I'd like to see it move forward.
    It is a blast to drive at Mid-Ohio...though I haven't touched it in a while.
    Hopefully next time I revisit it, the 'permanent' exhaust flame will be fixed.

13. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Not that this is a fix, or anything, but if one would like to remove the "permanent" exhaust flame for the sake of a picture, you certainly can... You see, it's not permanent, it's persistent.

If you keep the view such that it shows that flame, then make the car backfire again, it will go away. It only persists from the time you first switch to an outside view, until the next backfire--- at least, it always has for me.

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the rear view mirrors can't be independently adjusted.

15. pixsim

pixsim Registered

16. pixsim

pixsim Registered

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Cool thanks, that night shot of the cockpit looks good :cool:

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Looks great

19. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Very cool. Cant wait for the update.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

If you want a François Cevert helmet texture, let me know as I've got one lying around :D