Logitech Profiler Won't Detect G27

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Redline900, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

I got my G27 a few days ago now as a birthday present, and I was very excited to use it for the first time. I downloaded the profiler for the G27, and all was working well with rfactor. But then it decided to say "Logitech profiler was unable to detect any game controllers". I have tried different USB ports, none of them work. My wheel is properly lugged in no problems, and whatever I do It always comes up with that same message :/ Please help!!!

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Check under the wheel (detach it) that it is all still plugged in properly

3. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Also you don't really need the profiler, if drivers are installed, windows detects the wheel and you can calibrate it and assign butting in windows, sims will pick it up as well.

5. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

How do I do this? I go to Set up USB Game Controllers > Click on the G27 option > Go to properties > Then i go to settings. Now when I get to settings I see the degrees of rotation, the force feedback strength etc. But when I try changing these setting I can't apply them because the only 2 options at the bottom of the window are Setting or Default and there's no OK option! :(

6. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

Anymore help ???...

7. TMoney

TMoney Registered

When you plug it into a USB does it go through the steering centering process? Make sure the power cord is also connected and be sure the green power light is on at the shifter assembly. If so, uninstall Logitech profiler and download the latest version. When you run the install make sure the G27 is NOT connected, only plug it in when it asks during the installation. If that doesn't work I'm afraid there may be something wrong with your wheel.

8. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

Yes, my wheel centers fine when I start windows or plug it in after I've started windows. I think your method may work because earlier on I had the wheel plugged in every time I Re-installed it.

9. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

The method you suggested doesn't work :/. I honestly don't know what to do. All I want to do is change the degrees of rotation, but I need a profiler to do so. Is there anything I could do to change the degrees of rotation?

10. TMoney

TMoney Registered

You can do it in game. Uncheck the vehicle set box for steering rotation in controller menu and set it to whatever you wish. I have mine set to 360 for all cars.

I would also contact Logitech support and tell them about the issue to see what they say.

11. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

I will try that in-game, but contacting Logitech themselves is useless as they take years to respond.

12. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Well it sounds as though your G27 would be covered under warranty. In that case I'm sure they will email you back within couple days. If its new, and something is wrong now's the time to do something about it. Also you never know if in a few months it stops being recognized by USB.

13. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

From another forum

1. Uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software.
    2. Open Device Manager (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager). Expand 'Human Interface Device' and Look for Logitech HID-compliant Game Controller. Right click and select 'Uninstall'.
    3. Unplug the wheel from your computer.
    4. Perform a clean boot.
    5. Reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software v.5.10.
    6. Plug in the G27 wheel into an active USB 2.0 port directly on your computer's MB.
    7. Open Device Manager again. Click on Action > Scan for Hardware Devices. Close it afterwards.
    8. Reboot the computer under Normal Start-up.
    9. Check if the wheel is recognized in LGS.

14. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

I've done that, doesn't work.

15. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Try to install on another PC (even a laptop), if it doesn't work email support and tell them you followed the install instructions on two different PCs and it's not being detected. When my G27 went belly up that's what I did. I had a RMA number within 48 hours... then began the long wait because they use the slowest/cheapest shipping method possible to receive your wheel and send the replacement.

16. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

I did try on the other laptop, and the profiler worked with the g27 perfectly.

It seems that just singularly on this laptop (The much better one) the g27 doesn't work with the profiler
    I checked the drivers on both laptops, and they were the same on both. The only difference is on one computer, it's detected with no problems, and on the other one it's not detected by the profiler.
    Nothing to do with the wheel, as it works just fine on rFactor, but I can't alter the settings to change the degrees of rotation, amount of force feedback etc......

17. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

Anyone else that can help?...

18. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

All I can think of is to manually check if your OS is up to date. Look at anything that might be different between the two PCs. Look also at the USB settings in the BIOS, you never know what might be turned off.

19. Redline900

Redline900 Registered

If there is anything turned off how do I know it is?

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I would just do a BIOS reset to be sure, but that would undo some settings or overclock you might have. It does look like USB port or OS-side USB management problem. I used to have those all the time.

I'm even thinking your keyboard might be the problem. That happens.