Logitech Momo and G27 pot meters; swap?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Navigator, May 9, 2017.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

For a project at our school, I want to put some other pedals in.
    We are using a black Momo and those pedals don't feel that well. Also; a lot of the students don't want to take their shoes off (and I thank them for that) so the feeling is next to zero.

The project is running and that means; the budget is gone.
    I can buy a decent priced G27 set of pedals and we want to mount them. Now you can't connect them to the Momo wheel........but why not?
    Is that because the connector is different?
    That would be no problem; the connector on the potential meter will be soldered over.

However; I can't seem to find the resistor value of both of them and if there are other things to take care of.
    The pot meters are different, I know, but since we are going to use the G27 pedals complete and solder the wires from the Momo on them; that should be no problem.

Is here anyone who knows these things?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Emery

Emery Registered

You could just use the G27 pedals with a Bodnar cable as a separate USB device.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks mate. I was hoping to be able to do without though; if not needed, then don't spend money
    (With the budget gone.....will have to pay for it myself......I spend enough of my own money)

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Cant you connect both and assign g27 pedals and momo steering axis in game?
    Does rf2 supports that? Would be ugly but functional.

Btw anything is better than momo pedals. I went from old red momo to logitech wingman formula force gp (which if you can find one costs 10-20 eur) and even those wingman pedals are much better.