Logitech G29 Wheel rotation mismatch.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Bangyi, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hans Tesmo

Hans Tesmo Registered

Dev's just don't bother to add proper G29 / G920 Wheel Support to rF2. Or they do it on pure purpose to extra not add proper wheel support for the new Logitech wheels because they prefer other, already proper supported wheel's from other manufacturers over Logitech ones. Just sad.

Alessio Feletto and Bangyi like this.
  2. ThisIsKetts

ThisIsKetts Registered

Who knows why they haven't done it yet, Loved Iracing just not a fan of the payment model it has and its community is a love hate thing sometimes you get great people other times people are just toxic, alienating apart of the fan base is not good I doubt updating the SDK will add any new bugs to the build, Hopefully project cars 2 fixes all its issues from the first game as it looks promising, and I'm enjoying AC, just wish I could play this game and enjoy it too seeing as I spent my money on it.

3. gelani

gelani Registered

You know what's worse? If you are testing setups, sometimes you want to change the wheel lock. If the circuit is more technical or faster, you may want to change these things. Then you have to go out, to the Logitech Gaming Software (hate that limited thing. Hate it), you come back to the game, the game CTD IN YOUR FACE, YOU PLEB! Well, AMS fixed this issue (but it came back in the last beta, at least for me). But rFactor 2? Of course not.

Bangyi likes this.
  4. Bangyi

Bangyi Registered

You know what is the worst?! I cant even refund because i havent seen this bug because i was using a car which had 900ish degree so i was not noticing this great bug because how stupid i was by not checking that game has a basic feature what every other have... Ohh and maybe a staff guy will appear and will say "yea we are working on it" and the typical stuff what he has to no offense to him but its just crap and he knows it as well.

5. gelani

gelani Registered

There is a song by Stone Temple Pilots that goes like this:

Hello, it's late
    You know I've tried to stop the rain
    Did you read about it?
    Did you think about it?
    Did you cry but nothing came?

Great song, devs.

6. Antaka

Antaka Registered

I was about to buy the game since it was %50 off on Steam, but after finding this issue I think I'll keep driving my older games and maybe wait for Assetto Corsa to get a discount =/

7. gelani

gelani Registered

I found a way to not CTD the game when you alt+tab to change rotation, at least.

Go to the file 'Player.JSON', present in the folder 'UserData' and modify the line:

from

"Inactive Sleep Time":25,
    "Inactive Sleep Time#":"Number of milliseconds to sleep each message loop if the game is not the active application (-1 to disable). will give more CPU to other apps when minimized, etc.",

to

"Inactive Sleep Time":-1,
    "Inactive Sleep Time#":"Number of milliseconds to sleep each message loop if the game is not the active application (-1 to disable). will give more CPU to other apps when minimized, etc.",

It worked with me. The screen goes black for a sec when you alt+tab back to the game and there you go.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  8. ThisIsKetts

ThisIsKetts Registered

will give this a try when i get a chance, but at the end of the day we shouldn't be having to find a work around, devs should just fix the issue and stop alienating players with certain wheels sounds extreme but that's how i feel, this issue has been talked about for so long and still nothing

9. gelani

gelani Registered

After some tests I found out that it doesn't always work. Just reduces the probability of CTDs. But they're still there.

10. Lewis Jackson

Lewis Jackson Registered

I second this to get it solved. We all appreciate the time and effort that goes into making a sim as comprehensive as rFactor2 and then some with moving it from DX9 to DX11. Lots of things to do, test and release. The issue I have with this is it's been on your radar for over a year which, as you can tell from some replies here, make rF2 very frustrating. Improving graphics, improving UI etc all to attract more players is awesome but the players you're trying to attract with this are likely to have lower end sim gear. Hardcore sim enthusiasts already love rF2 for the most part, especially for endurance racing.

11. gelani

gelani Registered

Just bought the URD GT cars... Man, they are a blast (after the headache to fix the rotation manually). But I'm not buying Studio397 GT3 Pack until that is fixed.

Leandré Sparks likes this.
  12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Can someone in Studio 397 please ask Reiza how they fixed it? Looks like you guys can't figure it out :rolleyes:
    Not a game breaker but annoying for sure

13. Leandré Sparks

Leandré Sparks Registered

Is there still no fix for this? New G29 user here.

How do you guys adjust it manually. Coz even if i set the LGS wheel rotation at 450 and the games rotation at 450, i still do not get a 1:1. Wether allow game to change or vehicle set is ticked or not.

Any help would be appreciated for a temporary fix. . .

Kind Regards

Attached Files:

14. Lewis Jackson

Lewis Jackson Registered

I had this issue too and found that the LGS was not picking up rFactor 2 properly in game profiler. I would basically change the global one if you haven't already done to see if that resolves the issue first.

15. Leandré Sparks

I was thinking same thing so made new profile with rf2 in correct directory. It is better but still not 1:1

16. Lewis Jackson

Lewis Jackson Registered

Does the wheel turn at the correct steering rotation that you set in the software?

17. Leandré Sparks

At this stage im using the corvette gte vehicle which have a max of 540. So i did set the LGS wheel rotation at 540 to simulate 1:1 but still not

18. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I personally don't use the Logitech profiler at all. The way I do it is by adjusting the rotation of the wheel manually in the Controls menu.
    At the bottom left of the Controls menu there's a box that says Steering. Depending on the Steering wheel range value, rotate the wheel to the left to the desired degrees of rotation and click the Max L, then rotate to the right and click Max R and that's it. You'll have to do this every time you change cars with different degrees of rotation.

19. Lewis Jackson

Lewis Jackson Registered

When you do this does the wheel only turn 540 degrees?

20. Leandré Sparks

Well ingame it does yes