"Login attempt resulted in unknown server response. Login attempt was not successful"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Farferello, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Farferello

Farferello Registered

Hello, i've not played/updated rfactor 2 since my wheel broke a year or so ago, but i have got a new one now so here is my story/issue. To make sure everything was update i totally uninstalled rFactor2 from my PC and deleted all the mods and stuff that i had, and did a fresh install using the lastest links for the launcher and the cars/tracks that are on the homepage. However, when I now try to log on for online play on the launcher I get the message that i quoted in the title, and I also can't connect to the commerce servers or it seems any of the servers in general. I had a look around online but I can't find anything that solves this issue.

Anyone know what I can do or how i fix this? Sorry to be a pain hahaha

2. datanode

datanode Registered

Don't know :/ you could search for the launcher replacement?

I can't remember the exe name, but do a search on these forums for it.

Maybe try the other launcher that was a bug fix way back.

What version is it reporting now? Are you fully up to date?

Did you download lite and install packages?

3. Farferello

Farferello Registered

Launcher says version 1.102, Build 382. I assume that is the latest one but at the same time I am not sure since i've been out the loop for so long.

I downloaded the content version which had the Corvette, Marussia, Clio, Lime Rock & Malaysia already installed and then downloaded all the others on the front page and put them into the Documents > rFactor2 > Packages folder

4. datanode

datanode Registered

Looks like latest version, hopefully someone else will have an idea as to why it isn't working.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

5. datanode

datanode Registered

You should really just download lite with no content, be able to log in on the launcher still. To install packages, presume you used mod manager to actually install them into rfactor?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

6. RJames

RJames Registered

Go to your appdata folder by pressing ctrl+r or (win8 press windows key then just type) and entering %appdata% and pressing enter. You should find a .rfactor folder. If you have rfactor 1 installed, go inside and delete the 3 single files you see. If your not a rfactor 1 user just delete the whole .rfactor folder.

Restart the application and see if it connects again.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try RJames suggestion. You might have some kind of corrupted user data.

8. Farferello

Farferello Registered

Hey guys, i tried RJames' suggestion however now i can't play single player either and am still receiving the same errors as i quoted in the OP when i try to log in. Is there anything else i could try or would it be best to just try and uninstall and reinstall again using the lite launcher as datanode suggested?

9. RJames

RJames Registered

You can try a full uninstall, then go to your program files (or where ever you had rfactor 2 installed) and then manually delete the rfactor 2 folder as it will remain. Note that will remove any packages, userdata settings etc but give you a clean slate.

Then reinstall and re-activate in the launcher.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

He/I forgot to mention to reactivate again after deleting the old activation info.

11. Farferello

Farferello Registered

Hey James/Tim, yeah i did have to reactivate it, i guess i probably should have figured that out for myself tbf hahaha. Thanks for sorting this out for me, i appreciate it. The "get mod" function online is working superbly as well, it looks like the game has made some really good progress in the last year or so since i last played, can't wait to get back into it, it looks great!

Hopefully your help here will help others who encounter a similar issue as well :)