LiveRacers install folders?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JohnW63, May 31, 2023.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

My host had to scrub our server and I'm trying to get LiveRacers installed again. I followed the install steps and even regenerated a key. It doesn't create a LOG file and it doesn't show up under my domain at Live Racers web site. I saw, in an old thread that some people put the plugins in the Plugins folder in the Bin64 directory. Talking to tech support, they told me it all goes in the root folder. It didn't work there either. My server has an install path of:

c:\program files\RaceServer\dedicate-server\

Does that matter, or because its an rF2 plugin, it just looks for rF2 folders from where it's installed?

Any advice on how to get it to work?

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Hi John,
    This should get you going;
    1. LiverRacers.xml goes into your servers root folder ie c:\program files\RaceServer\dedicate-server\.
    2. The plugin (64 bit one) goes into ...c:\program files\RaceServer\dedicate-server\Bin64\Plugins folder
    3. Edit the ...c:\program files\RaceServer\dedicate-server\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON to enable the plugin.
    upload_2023-5-31_14-12-30.png

Should then be good to go.

3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

4. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Goanna,

I'll give that a try. The Live Racers " how to " files didn't mention the JSON at all.
    The syntax of your posted edit doesn't look right.

Just to be sure, there is a pair of files in the install of Live Racers " plugins" folder and three dll files out side of the folder. The LiveRacers.xml file and and another dll file are in the Plugins folder. So, the " plugin " you mention is the " Plugins " folder? I don't see a choice in the installer zip file for 64bit vs 32bit. The LiveRacers web site does not have more than one installer. It just says " Win X86/X64 ". Only the Plugins folder and three dlls in it.In fact, the installer dll is not named -rF2_x64.

Do I only get those files in the pay for version?

DanRZ,

So, you're suggesting putting the three dll files in both Bin ( 64bit and 32bit ) folders for some reason?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 doesn't do 32 bit anymore, so if there's a 64 bit version put that in Bin64\Plugins. If there's no "64"/"32", just a plugin, assume it's 64-bit and put it in the same place. You won't have a Bin32\Plugins folder unless you already had one, or you installed a plugin that still has the old files (like several of mine).

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Don't know anything about an installer from Live Racers... there is a rF2 download (a rar file) from the downloads page of LR website https://liveracers.com/Support/Downloads

When you look at the contents, just drag the Bin64 folder and the xml file from the rar file to your servers root folder. As @Lazza has said rF2 doesn't do Bin32 stuff anymore so ignore that in the download.
    upload_2023-6-5_14-12-54.png

Then edit the LiveRacers.xml as per the instructions => https://liveracers.com/Support/GettingStarted/Index/rFactor
    Then edit the CustomPluginVariables.JSON as per my previous post

7. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

No, leave the files as they are on the archive. Bin32 and Bin64.

8. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I think I have figured out the my error.

I'll report back.