[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

:(

Sorry I have not been about much to offer support or feedback. Been so busy in real life and not had the time to devote to this cool project.

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

No worries Paul. I'm not running anywhere, just a little break. And if there is something you guys need I'll do it ;)

3. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Good news ! You made such a great work so far !

I uninstalled all previous versions to make a clean install of this 0.7.
    I noticed several problems.

1. It's difficult to explain, but the purple color for the best sectors of the session doesn't work anymore. The program shows purple sectors although they are not the best ones. In the picture below, best S1 is 18.099, this one is ok. Best S2 at that moment is 35.327, but the table shows 35.606 in purple. Same with S3, at that moment best is 33.875 but the table shows 34.302 in purple.
    The easiest way to see the problem is to drive alone on track. You'll see all your sectors purple, all the time, even if you don't improve them.
    View attachment 8339

2. On the picture above, you can also see that there is a problem with the drivers names, which are written with special typos like é, ü, ã and so on. It may be a problem with rF2 itself ?

3. On this picture, the trackmap is at the wrong scale. It's good that we can draw the maps ourselves.

4. The clouds coverage and the wind speed always show 0. Even on your previous screenshot, we can see that it's 60% rain but 0% clouds...rain without clouds :eek: Maybe a problem with the plugin ?

5. on the next screenshot, I crashed the car against the wall which gave a yellow flag on track. You can see that S3 shows "YES" but yellow flag shows "None".
    View attachment 8340

Now I also have suggestions.

1. The live speed indication is not really useful. What would be useful, is the TOP Speed of the drivers in the session. That gives a good information of what kind of setup they're using, with more or less down force for example. In real F1 timing, the top speed is indicated.

2. You could use green color in the "Last Lap" table. It's a good way to see that a driver just improved his lap time (even purple color could be used here).

Sorry for the long post but keep up the great work.

Cheers.

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks as always for your feedback Jeepy. I'll check out the issues and make a fix :)

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Jeepy....and where did you see the 35.327? Do you mean that the table is late in updating the data or not showing the correct sector at all? Do you mean that in the image, there should be the value 35.327 instead of 35.606?

I have just now tested for an hour and could not find any problem. the sectors shown in purple are always the best current sectors.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you :eek:

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Did you use the default track image with default settings or you made the new track yourself from the "Draw Track Tool" and then saved the settings?

7. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

That means that something is going wrong only on my PC.
    I see the 35.327 in the game. In fact, each time a driver crosses the sector line, his time is shown in purple, even if it's not the best time, and as soon as another driver crosses the same sector line, the time of the previous driver is then shown in green and the second one is purple.
    It's hard to explain. Try alone on the track. Let the AI drive and look at the sector times. They're always purple, at least on my PC :confused:

8. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

Yes I used it "as is". I didn't change settings nor draw a new track. It's the image by default in the "tracks" folder.

By the way, the satellite images of the tracks are great ! I find it's a very good idea !!

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK, I'll do some tests like that. Top speed and last lap (green) are ready.

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Well, then the settings are missing for that track. Tell me what track it is and I'll set it up for you and send you the files :)

11. Jeepy

Jeepy Registered

It is Poznan Race weekend, but don't mind, I can draw it or even find a satellite view :)

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Here it is. Copy it to Tracks folder and then update the new settings.

View attachment 8365
    View attachment 8366

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

For those who have installed version 0.7 FULL and wondering why the results/statistics are not coming up...just run either of these scripts in mySQL as i forgot to add them to the full release:

For results/hotlaps which ignore AI:
    For results/hotlaps which include AI:
    Sorry for inconvenience!

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi,

I have now also written the plugin for rFactor 1. So far I have tested with a few rF1 mods, Reiza Formula Truck and GSC2012 and seems to work fine.

If you are interested to install the app for rFactor 1 based games, then send me a pm so I'll set it up for you (or help you set it up).

Note that you need a Windows OS, .Net 4.0 and mySQL 5.x.

Cheers

Reiza Formula Truck:

Live Timing and Track
    View attachment 8408

[​IMG]

Results
    View attachment 8409

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Here's attached Patch 0.7.0.1 which includes the following updates:

1. Added From/To Dates to Session/Driver result pages
    2. The driver statistics widget in dashboard now also includes best laps directly from live timing
    3. Km/hr in live timing has been updated to only show Top Speed and not current speed

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  17. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

18. LCCMarc

LCCMarc Registered

Hi B1K3R,

I did tests on three mods RF1: Megane Trophy 2.02 , F1RFT2012 and enduracer SP2.
    The software currently works best on F1RFT2012 mod, the web page has a little trouble to refresh, but they do not work too hard.
    For the mod Megane Trophy 2.02, the plugin displays the correct information about the map (temperature, number of drivers on the track etc ...) but does not show the driver in the live gate.
    For the mod Enduracer SP2, then there is a problem with mysql, however, I did just adding the three servers in "rFactor2 Broadcast Listener and Loader"

That's the moment that I saw with this program nicely done, a big thank you

For those who read me, excuse me for my English, I use a translator ;)

19. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks for testing the rfactor 1 plugin Marc. I'm not sure if you still have problems or you have fixed them?

If not, we will do a Skype session and then see through vnc or teamview the problems.

Cheers

20. LCCMarc

LCCMarc Registered

I have not fixed the problem because I do not know anything. For Skype, I did not, and it will be difficult because I do not speak English. Teamviewer for, no problems, it is installed