[WIP] Live Timing, Session Results, Track Rendering & League Management [Discontinued]

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Apr 16, 2013.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Sure :)

2. marcu087

marcu087 Registered

Hi,
    I have everything installed correctly but come the following problem.
    If we have multiple riders ride on RF2, I get a lot of LAG.
    I think the hard drive constantly writing and reading.
    Result, the disc will be overloaded. Is there a setting somewhere that I can change?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

ps: I'm using Windows Server 2008

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi there :)

That's exactly what I have been trying to say a few posts above...that communities with many users have experienced lag with lots of drivers and thus why no-body is using this system anymore.

The plugin is writing all data coming from the game as I used the default example so it is using lots of resources (cpu, hard disk etc). Unfortunately, C++ is my weakest point and I do not know how to write a plugin which either uses TCP or UDP and also to change the timings when the event is fired from the game...

Sorry dude, but I'm stuck here and thus why I have discontinued the project.

Cheers

4. myself9

myself9 Registered

Oh, damn! Sorry to see that you discontinued the project B1K3R!

Is there still a link to download the latest version of the plugin? I'm not seeing it on the original post.

The league I'd like to test it out with is a hill climb league, so I don't believe that "lag" would be a huge issue because there would never be more than a couple of players simultaneously on the server.

Wish I were a code monkey so I could help you fix the little bugs in this plugin!

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi mate,

Yeah, it has been a busy year away from home but now I'm back. Below is the link to v 0.9. Of course, there are probably still issues which I did not have time to resolve. Also, most of the result issues come from bugs in ISI xml files too...

*link removed since new version released soon*

Thanks, yeah, if I find someone willing to update the plugin for me to stream the data through TCP/IP sockets (currently I'm writing everything to text files at server FPS), I will continue to build on the current application.

Have fun and let me know if you need help with the installation.

Cheers
    B1K3R

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
  6. myself9

myself9 Registered

Thank you, B1K3R!

I'm going to take a shot at getting this running after my current RF1 league comes to a close this weekend.
    I'll put up a link once it's up and running, if I'm smart enough to get it installed ;)

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

No worries mate. Like I said, if you have vpn/remote desktop/etc and want me to help ye let me know ;)

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

I'm assuming that I can feed the hotlaps into an iframe on my website, right?
    Like this:
    http://virtualhillclimb.com/hill-climb-leaderboards/

The game server is a computer in my house, the website is hosted by a hosting company.

I thought I saw a link in this thread which showed an example of this setup, but I can't seem to find it again.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Well, v0.9 is not the latest version and it does not come with a feed for hotlaps. However, v0.91 does have it but I never released it to the public. You can always put for example this http://rfactor.stefanmizzi.com/SessionData.aspx in an iframe. But if you'd hate the menu in the feed, I can prepare v0.91 for you as it has exactly what you need.

I think the example is this? http://rfactor.stefanmizzi.com It's a bit old though as I have not updated it for a while

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

11. myself9

myself9 Registered

Those screenshots llok they're along the lines of what we're trying to do.
    Don't go working overtime to get .91 out, tho! :)

I may take a stab at getting the liveview lite app from the mod thread first.

This stuff is SO over my head.

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

No worries mate ;)

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

So finally I found the time again to continue working on this app. The main issue was the plugin which resulted in huge lags in the game server with many drivers. But thanks to Marcel Offermans, it seems that this issue will be gone as I am now using the plugin written by Marcel which uses sockets.

So, the plugin is already hooked and working with the app and now I am re-vamping the app a bit and doing some polishing, re-designing stuff and trying to add/change functionality which will aid the communities.

Regarding web, I have only updated the design of the live timing grid yet, but more will come. Please feel free to send suggestions. Will keep you updated.

Cheers

View attachment 12113

[​IMG]

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Wow, that looks amazing! Great work!

15. myself9

myself9 Registered

Happy to see you're back in business, B1K3R! :)

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks! :) My current job is boring so I have to inject some extra fun at home :)_

17. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Wow nice work:cool:

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate :)

What you guys think of this design? Is it too dark/black or it suite the eye? Let me know ;)

View attachment 12118

[​IMG]

19. Miro

Miro Registered

Looks very cool!

I'd just take a greyish color for every second name/line if possible, easier to read then IMO.

20. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK..let's try that, will post a pic soon...

Cheers