Live Server - ideas for rooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Nov 7, 2013.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

From Live Server thread..........

Forum has the floor :D

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Fixed session times in loop and restart session when grid is lesser than 3 driver was better to plan driving . Edit: think restart won't work well but fixed times are ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tim I think you really need to put a message of the day on ISI servers, something like "REGISTER at LIVERACERS to see your STATS"

You will be talking to someone about the ratings and someone will pop up and say how do I do that please, whats the url ?

Then you have to go into a long spool what it does, where to find it , and the favourite, " no you don't have to register you have your ratings already recorded " ........which just makes them register anyways. lopl.

That only upsets some other drivers who want quiet. Trust DD to open his trap and start gabbing with 4 minutes to go in qual ....... lol

LiveRacers ratings is a bit screwy, imagine ranking me #2 lmao ....seriously my best trait is inconsistency. lol )

======================

IDEA

Anyone think having different level rooms for each series could be useful.

Maybe some aspects of the Rankings ( not the overall bit ) could be used as requirement much like IR licences , like you do not want rookies in the other 2 rooms below, no offence.
    I would be in there helping them anyways so no disrespect.

ROOKIES - Like my F3 Rookies and BB's Fanatics ( Auto gears , clutch , pit limit, no damage , no stop to ESC, good rubber, longer practice or qualification sessions, shorter races, dry track )

PRO-AM - ( Same aids as Rookies, some damage , varying rubber, shorter sessions, longer races, some weather )

PRO - ( No aids whatsoever, require good gear and clutch technique , longer and full length races, varying rubber and full weather )

When not helping rookies Pro-Am would be my room.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  5. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Is there a welcome script/plugin out there that works properly?

Dave

NRT

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Ok...Thank-you.. I will look it over

Dave

8. 88mphTim

DD I love that people have LR available to themselves, but I think telling people to register there direct in servers would indicate them being an official site of sorts, and they aren't. :)

Sent using Tapatalk - excuse the short post, etc

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Something still Screwy with my wireless Keyboards come out of room you can't type.

I would think they would be happy so many are testing it ?

I find it puzzling at the least not to assure everyone knows about.

Many people do not visit forum ergo they have no clue it is a offical ranked room.

Then you are forcing me to explain everything when someone asks or be rude and say nothing not to offend Pro drivers with a stick up their ahhhhh lol :)

So let them wander around the track like chooks with their heads cut off, fine.

What about varying rooms I outlined ? One for Rookies at very least.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe a server renaming to ISI Official or something and a server message as mentioned, but other then that, doesn't really make much difference for drivers does it? rankings etc (on public servers) are a nice addition but not essential.

11. 88mphTim

TBH, they're just getting started with their service I think, dealing with huge amounts of data, and I think a huge spike could cause them more problems than they can deal with. :)