Live & real time Race Officer (commissaire)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by BrunoB, Mar 17, 2012.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB Registered

Hi all !

I am really tired of being wrecked in first corner, or by a revenge-racer who didnt appreciate to be overtaken, in racesims like GTR or rFactor.
    (I am talking of LOBBY races or OPENS races. In a LEAGUE race, it is of course different as racers know eachothers, and have a penalty system after the race...)
    Those wrecking actions doesn't appear in iRacing because of a sanctions system... so what could we implemented in rF² to avoid that ?
    ----> I whish to have an option for dedicated servers that could allow a person to act as Race Officer/Director, supervising the race.

Let me tell you an open event I participated in 2010 : an open race, joinable without password on the lobby, with 20 racers... and 1 Race Director who was supervising the entire race. He said, just before the start, that if someone want to protest immediatly after an action, he just have to say "R". Each time this officer saw somebody saying "R" in the chat, he rewind the replay, looking at the action, and decided if a sanction would occur or not... the sanctions were taken in a large panel : from "let him pass you again", or a pit-through pass, to real-time weight addition... and of course, kick or ban.

So: could it be possible to implement this option in rF² ?

Pros:
    -no more wreckers. If you feel agressed/assaulted, just hit a key that would say "Replay please" or something like that, in chat. The officer will have the replay of the action and will decide of the sanction for you agressor.
    -other idea : The officer could also have the possibility to enter the Pace-car, leaving the pits and re-enter it when he decides...
    -This could be helpful for leagues races too : no more boring replays-watching after the race....

Cons:
    -of course, the Officer/Director doesn't drive... but I know a few persons who don't care about that !

sorry for my bad english !

2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

+1

rFactor has it already implemented:
    - join as a spectator
    - gain admin rights
    - replay system with fast rewind
    - chat
    - admin commands to penalise s.o. with drive through, stop and go or put out safety car

what you need is a person, who is willing to put his wheel away and act as race control

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

If I understood correctly, ISI is already thinking about implementing some sort of a "wreckage monitoring", so that wreckers will receive some sort of penalties if causing accidents (all that done by rFactor).

4. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

there exists a parameter in player.plr:

GPRIX Unsportsmanlike Sensitivitity="1.50000" // 0.1 - 10.0: Higher number = less sensitive checking for unsportsmanlike driving
    MULTI Unsportsmanlike Sensitivitity="1.49765"

try values below 1.0 :cool:

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Nice!

Does this work GauchoRS? or are you pointing it out for peeps to see if it works?