[REL] Linas Montlhery

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mauro, Nov 21, 2023.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@ling The below Mesh should solve the Problem with the 1967 F1 at the Entry to the Oval.
    Remove the .txt at the End of the File Name, put it into the Folder ..\Locations\Linas_Montlhery\Assets\GMTs and overwrite the existing one.

Attached Files:

Corti and Mauro like this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

I did make a new AIW for the Long Layout, to try to improve the Behaviour at Pitting.
    I gave each Car an own Pit Spot with enough Space between the Spots, but there still is some "Irritation" of the AI, where they crash into each other, when too many Cars want to pit at the same Time, for Example.

Now it gets a bit complicated, because there seem to be Problems with some Surface Meshes, that could have a bad Influence on the AI Behaviour too, like the overlapping Road/Gras Meshes at the Extension of the Long Layout, that i also want to remodel.

To avoid any crossover Working, i now would like to get all current Improvements from all involved
    @Mauro, @Corti, @philrob, @ling, @ebeninca, that have been made to the Version that @Corti did upload HERE.

If i have them, i would like to fix the above mentioned Things, to try to get the AI working better.
    And while i do that, i would ask all of you to stop all your Activities, until i upload a new Version, again with the Long Layout only, for more Testing.

And if that is working properly, i would like to create the Folders for the other Layouts and create the AIW Files for these, before you continue with your Work to improve the Graphics. :)

At this State, where i also have to work at the Meshes, it is necessary, that nobody else is doing it too, to avoid any unnecessary Work.

Do you all agree with that?

gagipro, bears, Legend and 4 others like this.
  4. ling

ling Registered

working ok now
    thanks

5. ling

ling Registered

yes sounds great

6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

yes, i agree. this is the better way for have an unique base for working on.

I think you need @philrob visual update plus @Corti extra long updated track model

I don’t know if @ebeninca already started with missing cams, if not he can wait your merge+update work

redapg likes this.
  7. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, i also think that i need the Update from @philrob.
    I'm not sure, if the "extra long" Update from @Corti doesn't exist in the Devmode Version, that he did upload, already. (he should know it :))
    And @ebeninca can create the Cam File independently, because it doesn't affect the 3D and the Cam File can be replaced at any Time.

So i just need the Info and Files from @philrob and @Corti as it seems.

Mauro likes this.
  8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

My v1 version of the cameras is covering the entire track already...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ozFFvFlPs_vCjqBpd_h6zmPManJWTRGg?usp=sharing

I'm having difficulties to find footage for the layout, in the worst scenario I gonna finish the work by fine tuning the current cams.

gagipro, svictor, Legend and 3 others like this.
  9. Corti

Corti Registered

for me ok. also waiting for the @philrob files. I have a version with the main asphalt adapted to the new shaders and also some new "volunteer" marshals from Belgium. Also the new file from @redapg (racesurface_oval_18) and the new file from @ebeninca . If you want I'll share the folder so you can edit and work with the most updated version. :)

svictor, Legend, ebeninca and 2 others like this.
  10. redapg

redapg Registered

I feared that something like that could happen.
    As it seems, you worked at the Graphics (Shaders / Textures...) and also @philrob did write that he did it.
    Now the Question is: which Files shall i use as the new Basis?

Corti likes this.
  11. Corti

Corti Registered

No problem, we'll wait for Philrob and then we'll organise ourselves. Adding objects is the easiest thing to do if you have the lines in the code.

Mauro likes this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

If I understand
    Corti has updated the road mesh of the whole circuit.
    Then it should be kept as a base (also useful for the other layouts) and evalutate.
    It is possible to merge Philrob’s work on it?

13. Corti

Corti Registered

yes, np. I will continue to replace marshalls ;)

Attached Files:

pkelly and Mauro like this.
  14. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes, let's wait until we also get what @philrob did update and then, it would be the best (in my Opinion), if @Corti makes a new DevMode Version from his and Phils Work.
    And if that is done, i will take that as the new Basis and then you'll wait (except of @ebeninca, if he want to continue with Cam File for the Full Layout) until i package a new DevMode Version.
    OK?

Legend, Mauro and Corti like this.
  15. Corti

Corti Registered

OK ;)

Legend and Mauro like this.
  16. Legend

Legend Registered

guys, it's a pleasure to see the project being born. Thanks to all parties involved who are making this possible

17. redapg

redapg Registered

@philrob Can you please contact @Corti, that you both can merge your current Updates into 1 Track?
    Like said in the former Posts, i probably have to edit some Meshes, to improve some weird AI Behaviour (at least i hope that i can fix it in that Way) and i also want to remodel the Gras Surface at the "extended" Part of the Track, where Road and Gras Material are under each other now, what causes Conflicts from the tdf Material Feedback Definitions.
    So i need a new Basic Version now, that includes all current Updates, that i can do these Modifications, without to "loose" your current Updates.
    Thank you.

Legend, pascom, nolive721 and 3 others like this.
  18. philrob

philrob Registered

redapg,
    ok files sent to Corti

Legend, pascom, redapg and 3 others like this.
  19. redapg

redapg Registered

@Mauro, @Corti, @philrob, @ling, @ebeninca

I now do have the new basic Version, that should merge all current Updates.

So, from now on, please stop all your Activities (except of @ebeninca, if you again want to modify the cam File for the long Layout), until i release a new Version, to avoid any double Work.

It may last a While, because i want to remodel some Road and Gras Surfaces and also try to fix a Problem with the AI, that shows some weird Behaviour in the Pits, although all Waypoints and other necessary Things are there.

I'll keep you informed.

Legend, svictor, bears and 8 others like this.
  20. philrob

philrob Registered

redapg,
    all work stopped on this track