Ligier JS P320

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Nick9320, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

rF2 only lacks Bahrain and Fuji from the WEC-Calendar. How likely it is that they start using tracks that will be in other games, I don't know.
    I also feel for JM now. It is the risks with modding in a game that keeps evolving sadly.
    Just know, that the vast majority of us really appreciate all the work you modders do! :)

Hopefully S397/Motorsport Games can go back to the 3PA system as well. Some of the modded stuff are so high quality that it shouldn't be a problem. That way the top modders get something out of it, rF2 get something out of it, and S397/Motorsport Games can allocate resources to other stuff as well.

Win-Win?

atomed and Nick9320 like this.
  2. vava74

vava74 Registered

GEM's Bahrain, which is about to come out is really very very nice (it's an evolution of a conversion from rF1 made by Gabriel Jaquetti).

Myrvold likes this.
  3. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Almost correct, Gabriel had approval and we helped him to implement IBL shaders and do a full overhaul on our front while the maker of the RF1 track has given approval.

Myrvold likes this.
  4. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I was thinking in term of official content. As Sebring, Le Mans, Monza and Spa is DLC.

But these posts makes me happy :)

5. Frederick Alonso

All fine but probably indeed an option. In the end a conversion or PBR update is a lot less work (don't get me wrong) then making something fully from scratch. S397 might indeed do Bahrain, or the more F1 related tracks.

6. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I mean. Fuji and Bahrain will be done for the WEC game (I expect both to be on the calendar for 2023). The question is who will make them, and will they be released as DLC for rF2 as well to diversify the income-stream or not.

I do wonder how much of the content related to other games will bleed over to rF2. Not that much NASCAR-content has. I do wonder if there will be any comparison with the NSACAR 21 Daytona and rF2 Daytona.

Nick9320 likes this.
  7. Frederick Alonso

Sooner or later the track will be ripped or converted elsewhere. But one thing is sure. I always have my signature in my 3D and nobody can find it until I reveal them. So whatever happens, it's indeed possible they will bring Bahrain and Fuji on the table half 2023. But we will have it out end this year.

Read the Signature part as illegal protection if the track ever gets sold on AC for example and I need to prove the 3D is mine.

Nick9320, vava74, davehenrie and 3 others like this.
  8. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I had mentioned it in the S397 post as well. There does seem to be very little difference visually between the Dequaine and the Norma. With them going to be BOPing the Norma to the Ligier, I'm ok on them doing that.

I do feel really bad for James. I know that that project was going on quietly for a long time. And it is finally at the point of having it being exposed to the public. It is just unfortunate timing. I hope it doesn't kill his motivation. He's been in the modding community for a very long time. But it is a buzz kill

If you just caught the news, the Indycar is now officially part of this pack. It is stated there is one more announcement. The obvious assumption would be the BMW M4 GT3. Maybe it'll even be a surprise addition of the GTD Corvette. But once they officially announce what the plan is, I think it would be the time to look at what to do going forward. Me being an IMSA fan, rF2 is lacking a lot of the current GT3 cars.

9. vava74

vava74 Registered

IMSA Vette GTD is unlikely to come just yet. Via MSG, S397 are linked to WEC, Indycar, NASCAR and BTCC licences, so this will be the pipeline for future contents.
    Personally, from a track point of view, I believe that the next will come from NASCAR Ignition's roster, COTA (which is laser scanned) and the 2 ovals which are common to NASCAR and Indy (Texas and Iowa?).
    Then we should also look at the WEC calendar as the WEC game which MSG is working on surely will have its tracks (Bahrain, Fuji, ...).
    And the BTCC game will have the potential to bleed UK tracks into rF2 along with its touring cars.

Personally I feel that MSG will end up accepting that rF2 will be the "Sim" platform working as a "lab" to feed simcades games which will be focusing on a wider public which includes console gamers.

pkelly and atomed like this.
  10. atomed

atomed Member

COTA please, please, please :oops:

haunetal1990 and Schumi like this.
  11. vava74

vava74 Registered

Of the NASCAR Ignition road tracks, COTA is the only which was laser scanned, so I believe it will be the first to come to rF2.
    This is due to it being simulataneously a WEC (at least historically), NASCAR and Indycar track, fitting the 3 licenses, and with the added benefit of also being in the F1 calendar (and some Tatuus' equipped competitions)

atomed likes this.
  12. atomed

atomed Member

That would be fantastic. I know it gets a lot of shit but it´s a lot of fun and versatile for smaller categories. The short layout never disappoints.

13. vava74

vava74 Registered

Never drove the short layout.
    It's fashionable to sh!t on COTA and Paul Ricard so people just ride on that prejudice, when in fact their layouts are great and joy inducing when you get the hang of them.
    I think one of the reasons for the hatred is the lack of feeling of grip on iRacing making it ultra difficult to drive at COTA and, the same happening on ACC at Paul Ricard, but that is not the case in rF2.
    Note: Paul Ricard on rF2 has to be The_Other_Team's version. Digga's is not good.

14. atomed

atomed Member

Totally, but you know, you have to hate Tilke´s tracks by default.

vava74 and davehenrie like this.
  15. lagg

lagg Registered

hahaha, we hate Tilke's tracks by default, but there are some good layouts( COTA, Sepang, Motorland...)

16. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Despite the frustration thats an act of integrity that deserves a cup of coffee on its own.

Nick9320 likes this.
  17. atomed

atomed Member

What about Bilsterberg! Hereje :p

lagg likes this.
  18. lagg

lagg Registered

hahaha, i didn't know it. Looks good.

atomed likes this.
  19. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

there is a version on Steam