LFM in Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dav_0075, Oct 4, 2022.

1. dav_0075

dav_0075 Registered

Lfm beta version started a few days ago and I notice that there is already quite a lot of people! especially with the end of the development of acc during 2023 (still 2/3 dlc to come new gt3 and gt2) I think that it is the ideal amount for rfactor 2

I'm hoping for a lot of coherent content to come with q4 and 2023 ...and that studio 397 developers will be sensitive to the great added value of LFM ...

2. Matlorc

Matlorc Registered

People are not stupid, what seems simple to you is not at all, if S397 has never implemented such a system it is because it does not have the skills. Just look at the RF2 system competition to understand it. LFM has implemented the system with ACC, they have the know-how and can take it to other simulators. Other programmers, those of RF2, automobilista, ACC simply do not have these skills

3. justposted

justposted Registered

Just finished my first LFM race. 23 cars at Daytona. Something like 15 GTE and 8 LMP2. Really fun, respectful racing. I'm terribly slow, but had no incidents (except speeding in the pit lane, annoyingly).

I have to say it was great to have such a large grid on rF2. I was pleasantly surprised, given that participants had to own the Endurance Pack + Daytona (almost £45 if buying today). Long may it last!

4. Trevor

Trevor Registered

I did two of the Alpine races yesterday and they were ace. 28 car grids both times across two splits and then three splits for the second race. Was something like 56 total and 70 total, great sign for participation. The racing was close, clean, tough and fair and easily the most fun I’ve had in sim racing in a very long time. Sadly it took me many months until I realized I was bored with ACC and I needed a change. Love RF2.

5. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

Yeah its been great both the Alpine and I also did a GTE/LMP2 race. Finally some return on investment on the rf2 content.

The only thing Id wish LFM would fix is to make the site accessible to mobile browsers again. It used to be you could sign up using your phone but i think the rf2 /ACC selector broke that :(.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  6. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

A "public" server + RAIN it's always hell but with LFM is like a league race.
    It gives new life into rFactor 2 multiplayer and is on par with iRacing, very easy to use, clean races and lots of players.

7. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Happy to see some progress on an "open" competition platform, with a decent number of potential users. I do think S397 would be capable of putting together a CS platform that contains the same features, and we know they've been working on the ranking/rating systems for a while. This is necessary, but not sufficient, for the S397 CS to succeed. For LFM, they are going to have to decide where they want to focus. The rF2 beta has BTCC, GT cars (Alpine, and others) and a multiclass LMP/GT format. Given their heritage with ACC, which will therefore mean their existing members will probably all be GT fans, this seems reasonable. The question is, if they want to expand into other fields such as open wheel, and what they do with their rating/ranking systems for that as well as which series to focus on. I'm pretty sure there is a latent, underserved group who would race the historic F1 cars. Otherwise it'll be a diet of Tatii and IR18. I think there may be more people wanting to do historic F1 than IndyCar, even, and if I were S397, I'd not want to give up the IndyCar user base. So some F4/F3 type and geezer F1 might be it. I'd also like to see if they can get say the oldie Mini to take off as a series with enough support.

GeraArg likes this.
  8. instinkt

instinkt Registered

I'm only sad that they chosen this Alpine for "free" serie instead of something like Tatuus or Caterham because I have ffb bug in that car where I have insane vibrations doesn't matter if I roll slow or drive normally, it can be fixed by adding like 14+ smoothing but then I lost all ffb details and also it still feels weird on huge bumps where it feels like hitting the wall so it make no sense to drive like that
    at least I hope not many people face that issue because otherwise they can just throw the game into the bin
    other than that it looks promising, the only thing that sucks is u need to have all cars to enter the serie for eg I don't want btcc at all so I'm ruled out of Nurburgring also even I have all GT3 but this isn't their fault

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You flat spotted the tyres.

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

As Woodee states, you probably are flat spotting your tires under braking. Try reducing your brake force in the setup, use your controller app such as Fanalabs to reduce the initial brake force of your pedals and finally, Don't drive the Alpine like a GT3, it does not have ABS.

12. coasting&cruising

coasting&cruising Registered

The Alpine does have ABS (and TC), you have to map the buttons to adjust it while driving.

davehenrie likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

SHOWS you how out of touch I've become...shutting up now....

14. coasting&cruising

Actually I don't think it's that straightforward to know, I found out because someone mentioned it in the LFM discord (that you have to set it manually while driving, otherwise with the fixed setup it cannot be enabled).

15. Gioel Guazzo

Gioel Guazzo Registered

I believe in Studio 397, and the New UI was made from scratch by them. I think we need in the UI a personal profile page where is the history of won championships. I think we can’t pretend a full statistic page for now. But Studio 397 can do this step by step.

16. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

I've never had a great experience with rF2's own competition system. I had a lot of hope for it, but just seems to be missing the mark. Tried out LFM this week, and it's everything I was hoping for! I really hope it gets more people onboard. rF2 would be smart to just scrap their competition system and partner up with LFM. If they integrated with LFM directly into their own UI, it would be amazing.

17. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

THIS

18. coasting&cruising

It might also work out well if LFM remains an external system, independently developed, therefore from another perspective, but S397 uses the feedback generated by the LFM users, like issues raised, usability problems, and other stuff that can make rF2 more easily accessible to a larger userbase.

Also probably it wouldn't hurt if there are DLC discounts targeted at the series on LFM :D

r00b Driver and jonathon.bisset like this.
  19. shiet

shiet Registered

The participation numbers are very good considering it's new and it's in beta stage. I see more players in races than ever in the history of rF2 multiple times per day.
    Also it seems that the steam player numbers slowly started to grow https://steamcharts.com/app/365960#6m
    Who would've thought? :rolleyes:
    The thing is with rF2 the possibilities for car/track combos are basically endless and so far they haven't even created/tried series for different formula cars or stock cars, Indycar, etc. So this is gonna be good not just for us, players but also for the developers. Because as more people realize they can race regularly against others they will buy more content.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  20. jonathon.bisset

jonathon.bisset Registered

LFM has drastically improved my user experience. Real races with full grids, something I had always assumed would be part of the sim but until now I hadn't been able to find.
    Awesome.
    I hope this boost continues. Now 397 could sweeten the pot with some prize content etc and really get things going...(maybe this would soften the barrier for dlc races if active users could earn credits towards bit for dlc here and there?)