Lester FE track - Track made for everything except FE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remco Majoor, May 3, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Since I accidentally removed my writing, I'll keep this short.

The amount of energy saving needed to do a 45 minutes race is ridiculous (only 3.33% allowed per lap with very kind numbers used).

The first chicane it too quick, and has a stupid 90 degree concrete wall used as the apex. Just look at how many people got launched in the FE event.

The 2nd chicane is horrible. It's not really a chicane, as it's instead of a straight ahead braking, you're coming in at a different angle, where it's impossible to overtake.

There are many fast turns, but not enough slow ones to create overtaking opportunities/regen opportunities.

Although I like the idea and the atmosphere around that track, it just doesn't work for formula e, and even with heavier and slower cars the first chicane is a problem.

This I think should be improved. For this sort things an LFS style layout editor would actually be amazing for leagues that want to use that track. Or the track could just be designed more properly

atomed likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I plan to use this track for all types of cars apart from the faster ones (offline).

If the excessive AI problems are resolved one day, then I think I use this track regularly.

As it stands, no.

The atmosphere of the track is interesting it's true.

atomed likes this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

Sardian Heights could be a good place for the electric bees.

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

If they added a lot more polygons and changed some of the very stupidly placed walls, hell yes. Sardian heights remastered would be awesome

atomed likes this.